- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
1 product, 3 formats, 3 quantities
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
Hello
My client has 1 product - brith announcment card
3 formats; postcard, greeting card, print yourself
Each format comes in 3 different pack sizes; 25, 50 or 100
Each pack size has a different price
Can anyone give me a heads up on how I should even begin to set this up? We are using the enterprise version of HS, so persumably everything that can be needed is available.
I have tried setting up each format as a characteristic, and added prices for each quantity. but....
Where do I show the different quantities? Is this even the way to begin?
You can see what i've done so far here: biscuitmoon.saikungliving.hk/index.php/twins
Many thanks
Josette
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I think that the best solution to do that will be to add an other characteristic named "pack size" for example with 3 values : 25/50/100
So you customers will be able to completely chose the formats and the size of the pack
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
OK, many thanks... now please keep talking to me! I have a feeling this will suddenly start making sense but not quite there yet!
As you can see I now have the pack size characteristics as well. How do I make the following happen....
1. Customer chooses the format
2. and the packsize
3. as the prices are different for each, I now need the price to appear for the relevant format and pack size
I can see that the system has selected the correct characteristics, as these are shown next to the title. At the moment I haven't put any prices in, as I really do't know where to put them.
Looking forward to that 'aha' moment.
Thanks again
Josette
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You'll just have to add your price through your product variants page, to do that you'll just have to :
- Go to your product configuration page
- Use the "'Manage variants" button
- Add a price for each variant of your product
Hope this will help you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But, each product format, comes in 3 sizes and 3 pack sizes.
I need for users who select 'postard' to be given the options of 25/50/100 all of which are different prices for the greeting cards which are also available in pack of 25/50/100 at different prices!
If someone chooses 'postcard' from the charateristics option, how to I make it so that the pack with the correct price options are available to them?
Please see below;
Postcard x 25 = 450
postcard x 50 = 850
postcard x 100 = 1700
Greeting card x 25 =520
Greeting card x 50 = 950
Greeting card x 100 = 1850
And the 'print your own' format has only one price. So when that one is selected, there should be no price for multiples.
Is there anyway of achieving this?
Many thanks
Jo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
For example, Postcard x 25 is a variant of you product so you'll have to set its price to $450.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Set up each format as a dfifferent product.
Set the characteristics for each product as one of the pack options
And change the Varients on each pack Characteristic to reflect the price
So the way I have it now;
Select a Twin Birth Announcement (the product) - then select format - then pack size, with individual price, won't work
I need to make the category; Twin Birth Announcement, the product the format, then set the characteristics for the pack sizes.
Okay, many thanks, think that works.
Jo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Josette wrote: So the way I have it now;
Select a Twin Birth Announcement (the product) - then select format - then pack size, with individual price, won't work
I need to make the category; Twin Birth Announcement, the product the format, then set the characteristics for the pack sizes.
Okay, many thanks, think that works.
Did you solve your issue ? if not, I'll need more information about what you said : "I need to make the category; Twin Birth Announcement, the product the format, then set the characteristics for the pack sizes."
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.