- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Display Parent Category description
12 years 10 months ago #133116
by alanski
Display Parent Category description was created by alanski
I have a Parent Category A with a description and no sub products
I have two sub categories with products.
So like this:
A
- B
- C
I am using a simple table view of products to list just titles grouped by categories.
I would like to show the Parent Category A description below the title. I set the description and images to show
The title on the page has the Parent Category title and has a container "hikashop_category_information hikashop_products_listing_main"
I cant find the parent output in the views templates to override/check where the parent title and category might be set.
Can you point me in the right direction?
I have two sub categories with products.
So like this:
A
- B
- C
I am using a simple table view of products to list just titles grouped by categories.
I would like to show the Parent Category A description below the title. I set the description and images to show
The title on the page has the Parent Category title and has a container "hikashop_category_information hikashop_products_listing_main"
I cant find the parent output in the views templates to override/check where the parent title and category might be set.
Can you point me in the right direction?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133194
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display Parent Category description
Hi,
Please provide a link to that page so that we can answer you.
Please provide a link to that page so that we can answer you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133252
by alanski
Replied by alanski on topic Display Parent Category description
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 10 months ago #133277
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Display Parent Category description
Hi,
If you want to add your parent category description you'll just have to :
- Go to "Hikashop->Display->Content menus"
- Edit the content menu which have the ID number 276
- Set the "Show description" option to YES
If you want to add your parent category description you'll just have to :
- Go to "Hikashop->Display->Content menus"
- Edit the content menu which have the ID number 276
- Set the "Show description" option to YES
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133278
by alanski
Replied by alanski on topic Display Parent Category description
Believe me when I say the plug socket is switched on.
ie yes have set this.
The question I am asking is "where is the override/template code for this"?
ie yes have set this.
The question I am asking is "where is the override/template code for this"?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 10 months ago #133341
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Display Parent Category description
You'll be able to edit the code which is displaying it through the "Listing" file of the "Product" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds