- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
Make a second Description column
12 years 10 months ago #133318
by mank087
Make a second Description column was created by mank087
Hello
Is it possible to add a second description column to my product category pages?
Here is how my products are displayed now:
www.pssgpcshop.com/index.php/hikashop/ca...poly-2-vinylpyridine
I want to be able to sort them by the feature "MW #". The MW is within the descriptions currently. I would like to pull those out and make a new column with just the MW value.
Is this possible?
Is it possible to add a second description column to my product category pages?
Here is how my products are displayed now:
www.pssgpcshop.com/index.php/hikashop/ca...poly-2-vinylpyridine
I want to be able to sort them by the feature "MW #". The MW is within the descriptions currently. I would like to pull those out and make a new column with just the MW value.
Is this possible?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133383
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Make a second Description column
Hi,
To add new columns for products, you require HikaShop Essential (or Business) in order to have "product custom fields".
Regards,
To add new columns for products, you require HikaShop Essential (or Business) in order to have "product custom fields".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133384
by mank087
Replied by mank087 on topic Make a second Description column
Is the pricing for essential and business "one time" or do I pay monthly/yearly?
Can I easily upgrade from the free edition or do I have to do a full install and lose all of my categories/products and settings?
Can I easily upgrade from the free edition or do I have to do a full install and lose all of my categories/products and settings?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133392
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Make a second Description column
Hi,
The cost is : one time.
After one year you can choose to take a renewal (which is quite less than the original price) in order to continue having updates and support.
The upgrade is like the updates : you don't loose any configuration/product/categories/etc from your database and all of your overrides are kept (view, css, language...)
Regards,
The cost is : one time.
After one year you can choose to take a renewal (which is quite less than the original price) in order to continue having updates and support.
The upgrade is like the updates : you don't loose any configuration/product/categories/etc from your database and all of your overrides are kept (view, css, language...)
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #144636
by mank087
Replied by mank087 on topic Make a second Description column
Hello,
I have upgraded to the Business Edition.
Can you tell me how to display the custom field in the product table view?
Here is my product view:
www.pssgpcshop.com/index.php/hikashop/category/145-dextran
Attached is a screenshot of my product back end with the customer field name and value added to one product.
I have upgraded to the Business Edition.
Can you tell me how to display the custom field in the product table view?
Here is my product view:
www.pssgpcshop.com/index.php/hikashop/category/145-dextran
Attached is a screenshot of my product back end with the customer field name and value added to one product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #144638
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Make a second Description column
Hi,
It's pretty simple, edit your custom field and enable the option "Back-end Listing".
It's pretty simple, edit your custom field and enable the option "Back-end Listing".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #144645
by mank087
Replied by mank087 on topic Make a second Description column
I already have that enabled. I need my customers to be able to see it in the product category view:
www.pssgpcshop.com/index.php/hikashop/category/145-dextran
www.pssgpcshop.com/index.php/hikashop/category/145-dextran
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #144735
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Make a second Description column
It's not possible except if you add some code in the view.
Something like that can help you: www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...ng-table.html#141732
Something like that can help you: www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...ng-table.html#141732
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #144805
by mank087
Replied by mank087 on topic Make a second Description column
Perhaps you can help me because I do not know where to enter the code: echo $this->row->molecularweight;
I tried a couple of spots according to that other post and nothing worked for me.
Again I need to see the custom field in my product listing pages. If this does not work I will need to have a refund of the business edition.
Example of my product listing page:
www.pssgpcshop.com/index.php/hikashop/category/145-dextran
I want a column that labeled Molecular Weight, where I input the value for each product.
I tried a couple of spots according to that other post and nothing worked for me.
Again I need to see the custom field in my product listing pages. If this does not work I will need to have a refund of the business edition.
Example of my product listing page:
www.pssgpcshop.com/index.php/hikashop/category/145-dextran
I want a column that labeled Molecular Weight, where I input the value for each product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #144811
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Make a second Description column
It seems you are using the layout "listing table".
So you have to go to Display>Views and search for this view.
Then you have to find this code:
And add
(feel free to add the translation or replace <?php echo JText::_('MOLECULAR_WEIGHT'); ?> by whatever you want.
Finally find the code
and add just below:
You can obviously change the position of this code by adding it somewhere else after or before an existing <td>
So you have to go to Display>Views and search for this view.
Then you have to find this code:
Code:
<th class="hikashop_product_price title" align="center">
<?php echo JText::_('PRICE'); ?>
</th>
And add
Code:
<th class="hikashop_product_molecularweight title" align="center">
<?php echo JText::_('MOLECULAR_WEIGHT'); ?>
</th>
(feel free to add the translation or replace <?php echo JText::_('MOLECULAR_WEIGHT'); ?> by whatever you want.
Finally find the code
Code:
<?php if($this->params->get('show_vote_product')){ ?>
<td class="hikashop_product_vote_row">
<?php
$this->row =& $row;
$this->setLayout('listing_vote');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
</td>
<?php } ?>
and add just below:
Code:
<td>
<?php echo $this->row->molecularweight; ?>
</td>
You can obviously change the position of this code by adding it somewhere else after or before an existing <td>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds