- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 8
using tabs in tabular layout
12 years 10 months ago #134769
by Udo
using tabs in tabular layout was created by Udo
-- HikaShop version -- :2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 1.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.8
- Browser -- : Firefox 25.0.1
Hello,
Compliments for the flexibility, the ease of use and good support of Hikashop. I'm migrating a Virtuemart 1.1.9 shop, was frustrated about Virtuemart 2 and decided to start using Hikashop, probably the business version. Alas some aspects of Hikashop take time to get used to. First of all: the way modules are used is very confusing. Also the handling of SEF urls is confusing and not as expected. A disappointment was the search plugin using the standard Joomla search component, but I understand that the filter option in the business version creates search results the way I like (and like Virtuemart does).
Right now I'm testing the Hikashop Starter version on a local XAMPP installation. The documentation and the forum are very helpful and I could solve most problems.
My question is about the tabular layout of products.
1. In some categories products show two tabs: Description and Specifications. In some categories products only show one tab: Description. I don't understand why not always two tabs.
2. I can't find a way to put content into a specific tab. I also tried to do this in the Hikashop Demo website and couldnot find how to do this.
Hope you can help.
Regards,
Udo
-- Joomla version -- : 1.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.8
- Browser -- : Firefox 25.0.1
Hello,
Compliments for the flexibility, the ease of use and good support of Hikashop. I'm migrating a Virtuemart 1.1.9 shop, was frustrated about Virtuemart 2 and decided to start using Hikashop, probably the business version. Alas some aspects of Hikashop take time to get used to. First of all: the way modules are used is very confusing. Also the handling of SEF urls is confusing and not as expected. A disappointment was the search plugin using the standard Joomla search component, but I understand that the filter option in the business version creates search results the way I like (and like Virtuemart does).
Right now I'm testing the Hikashop Starter version on a local XAMPP installation. The documentation and the forum are very helpful and I could solve most problems.
My question is about the tabular layout of products.
1. In some categories products show two tabs: Description and Specifications. In some categories products only show one tab: Description. I don't understand why not always two tabs.
2. I can't find a way to put content into a specific tab. I also tried to do this in the Hikashop Demo website and couldnot find how to do this.
Hope you can help.
Regards,
Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134816
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic using tabs in tabular layout
Hi,
1. The specifications tab is only displayed when there is things to display in it, like product weight, dimensions, etc.
2. To add a tab or add content in a tab, you have to edit the view "product / show_tabular" via the menu Display > Views and add an entry like:
In the <ul class="hikashop_tabs_ul"> element.
Then add a div with content after the "ul" thanks to:
It require some HTML knowledge.
1. The specifications tab is only displayed when there is things to display in it, like product weight, dimensions, etc.
2. To add a tab or add content in a tab, you have to edit the view "product / show_tabular" via the menu Display > Views and add an entry like:
Code:
<li id="hikashop_show_tabular_custom_li" class="hikashop_tabs_li ui-corner-top"><a onclick="displayTab('hikashop_show_tabular_custom');" href="javascript:void(0);"><?php echo JText::_('YOUR_TAB_NAME');?></a></li>
Then add a div with content after the "ul" thanks to:
Code:
<div class="hikashop_tabs_content" id="hikashop_show_tabular_custom">
<!-- Your div content -->
</div>
It require some HTML knowledge.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #134943
by Udo
Replied by Udo on topic using tabs in tabular layout
Thanks, Xavier, for the reply.
One problem appeared to be that the custom css didnot contain any lines for the tabs div layout.
That problem arose after my recent update from Hikashop version 2.2.1 to version 2.2.2.
After selecting the default css the tabular layout shows like it should. With one problem: the active tab doesnot close when opening a new one. Also an update problem??
I've edited the product/show_tabular view like you said. And when I add a product weight indeed the tab heading Specification shows.
Adding a content div like in your instructions makes the content of the new tab static. But I prefer the content to be dynamic, changing for each product.
How to add dynamic content to the tab? Bt way of a code in the product description?
regards,
Udo
One problem appeared to be that the custom css didnot contain any lines for the tabs div layout.
That problem arose after my recent update from Hikashop version 2.2.1 to version 2.2.2.
After selecting the default css the tabular layout shows like it should. With one problem: the active tab doesnot close when opening a new one. Also an update problem??
I've edited the product/show_tabular view like you said. And when I add a product weight indeed the tab heading Specification shows.
Adding a content div like in your instructions makes the content of the new tab static. But I prefer the content to be dynamic, changing for each product.
How to add dynamic content to the tab? Bt way of a code in the product description?
regards,
Udo
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Udo. Reason: Accidentally I wrote 'upgrade' in stead of 'update'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134974
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic using tabs in tabular layout
Hi,
Yes maybe another update problem. A link to your website could help me to see and understand the problem.
To have dynamic content, you need to use PHP in the new div.
It depends of what kind of content you want to display, you can probably use the custom fields to store informations in the product edition page and display in on the frontend thanks some php code.
Yes maybe another update problem. A link to your website could help me to see and understand the problem.
To have dynamic content, you need to use PHP in the new div.
It depends of what kind of content you want to display, you can probably use the custom fields to store informations in the product edition page and display in on the frontend thanks some php code.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #141114
by edk
Replied by edk on topic using tabs in tabular layout
Hi Udo, just looked at your site and the tabs look great. Could you give some tips on how you finally got this to work?
Cheers
ed
Cheers
ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #141298
by Udo
Replied by Udo on topic using tabs in tabular layout
Hi Ed,
There must be a misunderstanding because my Hikashop site isn't live yet.
Anyway I stopped using the tabular layout because for me it's rather complicated and inflexible.
It's more convenient to use a plugin like Tabulizer / Tabber.
Best,
Udo
There must be a misunderstanding because my Hikashop site isn't live yet.
Anyway I stopped using the tabular layout because for me it's rather complicated and inflexible.
It's more convenient to use a plugin like Tabulizer / Tabber.
Best,
Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #214974
by RGB
Replied by RGB on topic using tabs in tabular layout
Hello Xavier,
I am having a similar issue. I have just tried adding the php codes that you added to the chat. However, it's not working for me. I am trying to display only an image in the tab. Please advise.
Thank you in advance!
I am having a similar issue. I have just tried adding the php codes that you added to the chat. However, it's not working for me. I am trying to display only an image in the tab. Please advise.
Thank you in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #214976
by RGB
Replied by RGB on topic using tabs in tabular layout
I figured it out, I copied the code wrong. Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #214977
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic using tabs in tabular layout
Hi,
Please have a look at this documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ow-tabular-view.html
Please have a look at this documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ow-tabular-view.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds