- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Category title in product listing grouped by cat
12 years 9 months ago #135108
by 2caffe
Category title in product listing grouped by cat was created by 2caffe
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
-- url of the page with the problem -- : duecaffeprova3.altervista.org/automobili/lubrificanti-racing
-- HikaShop version -- : 1310121420
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.16
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Every
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
I have a vertical menu with submenu in the left (it's a custom menu, since not all the items link to product pages).
In "Automobili" > "Lubrificanti racing", I show the products of category grouped by category.
I would like to show the title of the parent category ("Lubrificanti Racing") over the groups.
Is it possible?
Thanks in advance,
Marco
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
-- url of the page with the problem -- : duecaffeprova3.altervista.org/automobili/lubrificanti-racing
-- HikaShop version -- : 1310121420
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.16
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Every
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
I have a vertical menu with submenu in the left (it's a custom menu, since not all the items link to product pages).
In "Automobili" > "Lubrificanti racing", I show the products of category grouped by category.
I would like to show the title of the parent category ("Lubrificanti Racing") over the groups.
Is it possible?
Thanks in advance,
Marco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 9 months ago #135123
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Category title in product listing grouped by cat
Hi,
If you have set of title through the "title" option of the configuration page of your category listing content menu, you'll just have to add some code like :
At the beginning of your "listing_div" file of your "category" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views".
If you have set of title through the "title" option of the configuration page of your category listing content menu, you'll just have to add some code like :
Code:
<?php echo '<h1>'.$this->document->title.'</h1>'; ?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135210
by 2caffe
Replied by 2caffe on topic Category title in product listing grouped by cat
Hi Mohamed,
I think that the file you suggested me is not correct: I added the line of code but nothing changed (actually, the structure of the resultant HTML is not consistent with the structure of the page: there is no DIV element with 'hikashop_subcategories' class, for example).
I think that the file you suggested me is not correct: I added the line of code but nothing changed (actually, the structure of the resultant HTML is not consistent with the structure of the page: there is no DIV element with 'hikashop_subcategories' class, for example).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135277
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Category title in product listing grouped by cat
I don't think that you need to edit any code. Simply turn on the component heading option of your menu item via the joomla menu manager and that should do it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135298
by 2caffe
Replied by 2caffe on topic Category title in product listing grouped by cat
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 9 months ago #135342
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Category title in product listing grouped by cat
Sending me a temporary access to your website through a private message will probably help me to understand your issue.
thanks
.
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 9 months ago #135770
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Category title in product listing grouped by cat
Hi,
I just did some tests through your website, and the problem was coming from the way you configured your Sub elements filter option, when you set it to "All sub elements" it works fine.
I just did some tests through your website, and the problem was coming from the way you configured your Sub elements filter option, when you set it to "All sub elements" it works fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135779
by 2caffe
Replied by 2caffe on topic Category title in product listing grouped by cat
Hi Mohamed,
The soulution you provided is not so good for me: I do need grouping by category, but I would like to have a main title (i.e. the parent category) over the grouping.
Is it possible?
Thanks,
Marco
The soulution you provided is not so good for me: I do need grouping by category, but I would like to have a main title (i.e. the parent category) over the grouping.
Is it possible?
Thanks,
Marco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135882
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Category title in product listing grouped by cat
Hi,
This will require a view edition so some custom code.
PHP skills are needed.
This will require a view edition so some custom code.
PHP skills are needed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135884
by 2caffe
Replied by 2caffe on topic Category title in product listing grouped by cat
Hi Xavier,
shoud I create a new view?
Isn't possible to edit the existing grouping-by-category view, adding a title?
Marco
shoud I create a new view?
Isn't possible to edit the existing grouping-by-category view, adding a title?
Marco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #136001
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Category title in product listing grouped by cat
Hi,
The view to edit is "product / listing".
The desired part is in the "else":
The view to edit is "product / listing".
The desired part is in the "else":
Code:
} else if(!empty($this->rows) && !empty($this->categories)) {
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2caffe
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #136021
by 2caffe
Replied by 2caffe on topic Category title in product listing grouped by cat
Got it!
Thanks!
Marco
Thanks!
Marco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds