- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Variants with multiple prices and how they display
12 years 9 months ago #137972
by jminton
Variants with multiple prices and how they display was created by jminton
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
I have a product with several variations, each with different price. However on the products listing page for a given category, only one price displays over the Choose Options button which takes them to the product's "main" page. (See attached example of a test entry)
This can be confusing and instead of the "$x.xx each" I would like to either list each price "$1.11/$2.22/$3.33" or just show the range from lowest to highest. "$1.11 - 3.33 each."
How would I do this?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
I have a product with several variations, each with different price. However on the products listing page for a given category, only one price displays over the Choose Options button which takes them to the product's "main" page. (See attached example of a test entry)
This can be confusing and instead of the "$x.xx each" I would like to either list each price "$1.11/$2.22/$3.33" or just show the range from lowest to highest. "$1.11 - 3.33 each."
How would I do this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #137992
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Variants with multiple prices and how they display
Hi,
If you enter one or several prices in the main product, the system displays the main product prices on the listing.
If you don't want that, simply do not set any prices in the main product and only set the prices in the variants. That way, the system will take the prices of the variants automatically.
Regarding the way you want to display the prices (all of them, a range, the smallest, etc), you can edit your products listing menu/module via the menu Display>Content menus/modules and change the "prices display method" option.
If you enter one or several prices in the main product, the system displays the main product prices on the listing.
If you don't want that, simply do not set any prices in the main product and only set the prices in the variants. That way, the system will take the prices of the variants automatically.
Regarding the way you want to display the prices (all of them, a range, the smallest, etc), you can edit your products listing menu/module via the menu Display>Content menus/modules and change the "prices display method" option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #138009
by jminton
Replied by jminton on topic Variants with multiple prices and how they display
I never had a price for main and it still shows that way in a list of all products. The individual product page works as it should.
Thanks for the "prices display method" option info - I will experiment with that.
Thanks for the "prices display method" option info - I will experiment with that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #222413
by MichaelGary
Replied by MichaelGary on topic Variants with multiple prices and how they display
Hello, I have read many posts regarding potential solutions for complex pricing structures. The options seem to be characteristics, variants, custom fields and options and I'm not sure if any of those can be a solution for this. Could someone take a look at the screen shot I've included and let me know the best way to proceed? I have 100 or more products that have this many variables/options.
I would ultimately like to set up a few products, export a csv file and then use it as a template for the rest of the products and then import them using a .csv.
Thank you,
I would ultimately like to set up a few products, export a csv file and then use it as a template for the rest of the products and then import them using a .csv.
Thank you,
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by MichaelGary.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #222451
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Variants with multiple prices and how they display
Hi,
In your case, I would use two characteristics, one for the size and one for the color type.
You have four sizes and five color types so that's about 20 variants.
Then, in each variant, you can configure several prices based on the quantity and you can configure the product to display the quantity field as a dropdown to achieve the selection of the quantity.
In your case, I would use two characteristics, one for the size and one for the color type.
You have four sizes and five color types so that's about 20 variants.
Then, in each variant, you can configure several prices based on the quantity and you can configure the product to display the quantity field as a dropdown to achieve the selection of the quantity.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 10 months ago #222527
by MichaelGary
Replied by MichaelGary on topic Variants with multiple prices and how they display
Thank you Nicolas,
The example I attached is only one product of several dozen, all with different size and color options. I have read that 200 variants is to many and though I have not calculated my total number of variants, I am afraid that it will be a very high number. That is why I am wondering what I would need to do if that turns out to be the case.
Also, I could not use a pull down for quantity because the number shown are minimum amounts in a particular price bracket. Which means
you could purchase any amount 1005 or 1724 etc. The buyer is not required in to by in sizes of 1000, 2000 etc.
Thanks
The example I attached is only one product of several dozen, all with different size and color options. I have read that 200 variants is to many and though I have not calculated my total number of variants, I am afraid that it will be a very high number. That is why I am wondering what I would need to do if that turns out to be the case.
Also, I could not use a pull down for quantity because the number shown are minimum amounts in a particular price bracket. Which means
you could purchase any amount 1005 or 1724 etc. The buyer is not required in to by in sizes of 1000, 2000 etc.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 10 months ago #222545
by MichaelGary
Replied by MichaelGary on topic Variants with multiple prices and how they display
Nicolas I am quite certain I am going to have to many variants. Can you please offer a workaround?
Thanks
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #222683
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Variants with multiple prices and how they display
Hi,
What you read was that 200 variants was a higher number for one product.
But the total number of variants/products on your website can go a lot higher without any problems. You won't have any problems unless you start to have hundreds of thousands of products.
We are not following you with the quantity field.
If it's a dropdown, the customer can only select the values available in the dropdown.
So it fits your needs as far as I can see. But if what you want is the customer to be able to enter any quantity, then just leave an input field, that's not a problem either.
Regards,
What you read was that 200 variants was a higher number for one product.
But the total number of variants/products on your website can go a lot higher without any problems. You won't have any problems unless you start to have hundreds of thousands of products.
We are not following you with the quantity field.
If it's a dropdown, the customer can only select the values available in the dropdown.
So it fits your needs as far as I can see. But if what you want is the customer to be able to enter any quantity, then just leave an input field, that's not a problem either.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds