- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 0
Custom field question -Solved_
-- HikaShop version -- : Business
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
In Display-Custom Fields, I created a new Field I only want to apply to specific categories or items. I the new field page I created, I see all my categories listed. Do I just remove the categories from the field page that I don't want this new field to apply to? Can I remove the categories and add products I want this field to apply to? Thanks, Sean
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can do it "per product" by default, but simply create an unpublished category for your custom field and add it as a second category to the products where you want the custom field and the custom field will only appear for these products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
nicolas wrote: On the right of the custom fields edition page there is indeed a categories listing where you can select only the categories where you want to display the custom field.
You can do it "per product" by default, but simply create an unpublished category for your custom field and add it as a second category to the products where you want the custom field and the custom field will only appear for these products.
Hi Nicolas, so if I trash (delete) some of the category listings in the custom fields edition page , I wouldn't actually be deleting my actual categories else where, is that correct? Thanks so much for the help, Sean
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Yes, if you delete your category through your custom field configuration page ("Hikashop->Display->Custom fields->YourCustomField"), it won't delete the category itself.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hi,
Yes, if you delete your category through your custom field configuration page ("Hikashop->Display->Custom fields->YourCustomField"), it won't delete the category itself.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.