- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Cant get rid of Random Products Module
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #141904
by punga98
Cant get rid of Random Products Module was created by punga98
Hi
The Random Products Module keeps being displayed under any individual product I click on. It wont unpublish even when I unpublish it
Even when I enable it I cant move it to a different position.
The only thing it responds to is when I set it to display or not display its name (ie Random Products) - it's alive!
Ive tried deleting my browser cache and the site cache. I've changed templates and its still there
Ive just deleted the actual module and its still displayed!! ???
It's still alive!!!
The Random Products Module keeps being displayed under any individual product I click on. It wont unpublish even when I unpublish it
Even when I enable it I cant move it to a different position.
The only thing it responds to is when I set it to display or not display its name (ie Random Products) - it's alive!
Ive tried deleting my browser cache and the site cache. I've changed templates and its still there
Ive just deleted the actual module and its still displayed!! ???
It's still alive!!!
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by punga98.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #141946
by punga98
Replied by punga98 on topic Cant get rid of Random Products Module
Hi
I cant seem to get to bottom of this - can anyone help?
The Random Products content module in the list shows it's disabled, screenshot below
I'm not sure if it is significant but when I opened the Random content module options next to publish neither No or Yes was highlighted. I clicked on No hoping this would make sure the module wouldn't display, but it made no difference. Settings screenshot below.
The module name will not display in the front end if Show Title is set to No. In the screenshot its set to yes
Screenshot of Front end display attached
In the css file I tried div.hikashop_module_90 {
display: none: } which didn't work
Not sure if I'm missing something obvious?
cheers
Jim
I cant seem to get to bottom of this - can anyone help?
The Random Products content module in the list shows it's disabled, screenshot below
I'm not sure if it is significant but when I opened the Random content module options next to publish neither No or Yes was highlighted. I clicked on No hoping this would make sure the module wouldn't display, but it made no difference. Settings screenshot below.
The module name will not display in the front end if Show Title is set to No. In the screenshot its set to yes
Screenshot of Front end display attached
In the css file I tried div.hikashop_module_90 {
display: none: } which didn't work
Not sure if I'm missing something obvious?
cheers
Jim
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by punga98.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #142047
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Cant get rid of Random Products Module
Hi,
That's probably because you have it enabled in the "modules under the product page" option of the configuration of HikaShop.
That's probably because you have it enabled in the "modules under the product page" option of the configuration of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #142059
by punga98
Replied by punga98 on topic Cant get rid of Random Products Module
Hi Nicolas
Thanks for your reply.
I just checked and there are no modules enabled under 'Modules to display under the main area' in "Configuration / Modules to display under the main area". I changed number of columns to 2 to see if there was any response - there wasn't
Screenshot below
One clue - it only appears in one of the categories - 'Bikes and Quads'. I changed it to 'Tractors' under 'Associated Categories' but nothing changed. It was set to '2 Products' under 'Associated Categories' so I changed it to '3 taxation' but no change.
Cheers
Jim
Thanks for your reply.
I just checked and there are no modules enabled under 'Modules to display under the main area' in "Configuration / Modules to display under the main area". I changed number of columns to 2 to see if there was any response - there wasn't
Screenshot below
One clue - it only appears in one of the categories - 'Bikes and Quads'. I changed it to 'Tractors' under 'Associated Categories' but nothing changed. It was set to '2 Products' under 'Associated Categories' so I changed it to '3 taxation' but no change.
Cheers
Jim
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by punga98.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 8 months ago #142071
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Cant get rid of Random Products Module
Hi,
Can you give me a link to the page where your "Random products" Module is appearing, so that I can directly check it and give your the ID of the module to disable ?
Thank you
.
Can you give me a link to the page where your "Random products" Module is appearing, so that I can directly check it and give your the ID of the module to disable ?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #142408
by punga98
Replied by punga98 on topic Cant get rid of Random Products Module
SOLVED See post below
Thanks for your reply and help
The link is http://*******/j3/index.php/hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing/product/8-massey-ferguson
Thanks again
Jim
Thanks for your reply and help
The link is http://*******/j3/index.php/hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing/product/8-massey-ferguson
Thanks again
Jim
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by punga98.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #142409
by punga98
Replied by punga98 on topic Cant get rid of Random Products Module
Problem solved!!
I was getting confused as there are 3 places within Hikashop where the Random Products module control appears - 2 of them say its off and the last one I just found says its on.
Display content modules
http://*******/administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=modules
Modules main default options / Modules to display under the main area
http://*******/administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=config#display_modules
Product / Modules under the product page
http://*******/administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=config#main_product
Thanks for your help - I can now move on!!
I was getting confused as there are 3 places within Hikashop where the Random Products module control appears - 2 of them say its off and the last one I just found says its on.
Display content modules
http://*******/administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=modules
Modules main default options / Modules to display under the main area
http://*******/administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=config#display_modules
Product / Modules under the product page
http://*******/administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=config#main_product
Thanks for your help - I can now move on!!
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by punga98.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago #142421
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Cant get rid of Random Products Module
Thanks for your feedback
.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds