- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
How to mark product "For Sale" or "Featured" ???
12 years 7 months ago #145099
by TasosT
How to mark product "For Sale" or "Featured" ??? was created by TasosT
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have NO error messages. !
BUT I can not find a check box or a way to mark a product as SALE or FEATURED, in order to filter for it and show it in the shop (front).
Please note that I have several different Categories and within each category I would like to mark some of them as "SALE" or FEATURED.
How to do this??
Please help
Regards
Tasos
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have NO error messages. !
BUT I can not find a check box or a way to mark a product as SALE or FEATURED, in order to filter for it and show it in the shop (front).
Please note that I have several different Categories and within each category I would like to mark some of them as "SALE" or FEATURED.
How to do this??
Please help
Regards
Tasos
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145106
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to mark product "For Sale" or "Featured" ???
Create an unpublished category "sale" and add it to the products you want as a second category and then in your products listing module (menu Display->content modules) you want to use to display these "sale" products, simply select that "sale" category in the "parent category" option
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145111
by TasosT
Replied by TasosT on topic How to mark product "For Sale" or "Featured" ???
I am sorry, but somehow I do not get it how to include it INSIDE the product specifications.
I created 2 new categories called SALE and FEATURED.
I "unpublished" them
Now how do I add them? within the product? without moving the particular product to a different category?
I created 2 new categories called SALE and FEATURED.
I "unpublished" them
Now how do I add them? within the product? without moving the particular product to a different category?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145118
by TasosT
Replied by TasosT on topic How to mark product "For Sale" or "Featured" ???
Please....
...do you have a video or tutorial to show how it is done??
I created the categories. how do I assign it?
Because when I select inside the product detail.
(see img1.jpg)
And select Add+ >>
Then select Sale > (see img2.jpg)
It does not give me or allows me to assign it to it !
...do you have a video or tutorial to show how it is done??
I created the categories. how do I assign it?
Because when I select inside the product detail.
(see img1.jpg)
And select Add+ >>
Then select Sale > (see img2.jpg)
It does not give me or allows me to assign it to it !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #145143
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to mark product "For Sale" or "Featured" ???
Hi,
You'll be able to do that by :
- Going to your product configuration page
- Using the Add button of the "Categories" tab
- Selecting the "product category" through the "Explorer" tab
- Clicking on the "SALE" blue link
EDIT
My bad, the problem is coming from the fact that you have created your SALE category under the "root" category instead of the "product category", so before adding your SALE category to your product, you'll have to :
- Go to your "SALE" category configuration page
- Set the "parent category" option of your category to "product category"
Then it should do the job.
You'll be able to do that by :
- Going to your product configuration page
- Using the Add button of the "Categories" tab
- Selecting the "product category" through the "Explorer" tab
- Clicking on the "SALE" blue link
EDIT
My bad, the problem is coming from the fact that you have created your SALE category under the "root" category instead of the "product category", so before adding your SALE category to your product, you'll have to :
- Go to your "SALE" category configuration page
- Set the "parent category" option of your category to "product category"
Then it should do the job.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds