- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 1
How to create module with only category images?
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #145442
by bellaD
How to create module with only category images? was created by bellaD
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/P
Hi
How do I create a module with one category,
Displaying only the 1.st subcategories image (category image) with a link to the category page, where category description is on top, then products under.
Mostly need to know how to create this module with images only.
Category tree:
Sport ProductsGolf
Soccer
Handball
Horses
Where insted of the text Golf, Soccer, Handball and Horses would be the image I choose for the category.
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/P
Hi
How do I create a module with one category,
Displaying only the 1.st subcategories image (category image) with a link to the category page, where category description is on top, then products under.
Mostly need to know how to create this module with images only.
Category tree:
Sport Products
Where insted of the text Golf, Soccer, Handball and Horses would be the image I choose for the category.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by bellaD.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145455
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to create module with only category images?
Hi,
You you can do that by creating a new hikashop content module via the joomla modules manager. Then, you go in its hikashop options, you select the type of content to categories, the parent category as "sport products" and the item box layout to "image" and that's it.
You you can do that by creating a new hikashop content module via the joomla modules manager. Then, you go in its hikashop options, you select the type of content to categories, the parent category as "sport products" and the item box layout to "image" and that's it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145492
by bellaD
Replied by bellaD on topic How to create module with only category images?
Hi, thank you for your reply.
Looks very simple, until I am in the Hikashop parameters
I find nothing saying 'Parent category' and am not sure where that is, but the only place I can choose the category is 'Associated category' so I did that. how ever, when I save, it always goes back to 2 product category.
As of now, the module displays the category image (root) of All categories.
I have 7 main categories
"Sport products" is just one of them
and I don't need to show the image of it, just it's 1st level subcategories.
As the structure is, I am just unsure what to choose under Sub elements filter both in Details and under Parameters for categories.
Looks very simple, until I am in the Hikashop parameters
I find nothing saying 'Parent category' and am not sure where that is, but the only place I can choose the category is 'Associated category' so I did that. how ever, when I save, it always goes back to 2 product category.
As of now, the module displays the category image (root) of All categories.
I have 7 main categories
"Sport products" is just one of them
and I don't need to show the image of it, just it's 1st level subcategories.
As the structure is, I am just unsure what to choose under Sub elements filter both in Details and under Parameters for categories.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145518
by bellaD
Replied by bellaD on topic How to create module with only category images?
Hi again
Still no luck with this, mostly I think because the Associated category in the Details of the module won't stay as the one I choose.
No matter which one I choose, it always goes back to this after I click save:
2 product category (which is the default one)
Still no luck with this, mostly I think because the Associated category in the Details of the module won't stay as the one I choose.
No matter which one I choose, it always goes back to this after I click save:
2 product category (which is the default one)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago #145520
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to create module with only category images?
Hi,
I think that we already fixed that issue, so can you download the last Hikashop version again through our website, install it and test it again ?No matter which one I choose, it always goes back to this after I click save:
2 product category (which is the default one)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145524
by bellaD
Replied by bellaD on topic How to create module with only category images?
Since 19th february?
but hopefully
but hopefully
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145525
by bellaD
Replied by bellaD on topic How to create module with only category images?
:whistle:
Awesome!!
works perfectly and would have the first time (probable would not have had to post for help
)
I thought I was going nuts!
Awesome!!
works perfectly and would have the first time (probable would not have had to post for help
I thought I was going nuts!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago #145543
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to create module with only category images?
Thanks for your feedback
.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds