- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
How do I add a view product description button
- MaximilianGodsend
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 6 months ago #146890
by MaximilianGodsend
How do I add a view product description button was created by MaximilianGodsend
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.expresssupplements.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
Pls do help. I'm new to programming in php and the hikashop has been a great help but I've some well... for a lack of better term, "less than intelligent" clients that have been complaining about there being no view product description buttons, and after replying to the 37th person to ask me to fix it to just click on the product name link, I tried to look for the option to add a product description button. Is there anyway to program that in on my end?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
Pls do help. I'm new to programming in php and the hikashop has been a great help but I've some well... for a lack of better term, "less than intelligent" clients that have been complaining about there being no view product description buttons, and after replying to the 37th person to ask me to fix it to just click on the product name link, I tried to look for the option to add a product description button. Is there anyway to program that in on my end?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #146899
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic How do I add a view product description button
Hi there,
It's pretty simple, you have to edit your listing layout view in Display>Views.
Search for the layout you are using (for example listing_img_title) and add this code wherever you want:
You can replace $link by hikashop_completeLink('product&task=show&cid='.$this->row->product_id.'&name='.$this->row->alias.$this->itemid.$this->category_pathway) depending of where you add this code.
It's pretty simple, you have to edit your listing layout view in Display>Views.
Search for the layout you are using (for example listing_img_title) and add this code wherever you want:
Code:
<input class="btn button" type="button" onclick="self.location.href='<?php echo $link; ?>'" value="Show description" name="show"></input>
You can replace $link by hikashop_completeLink('product&task=show&cid='.$this->row->product_id.'&name='.$this->row->alias.$this->itemid.$this->category_pathway) depending of where you add this code.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaximilianGodsend
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- MaximilianGodsend
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #147439
by MaximilianGodsend
Replied by MaximilianGodsend on topic How do I add a view product description button
Sorry for the bother again, but 1 last question. The add to cart button is not the same as the show description button. How do I change the add to cart button to look like the show description?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147443
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How do I add a view product description button
Hi,
You need to set the "button display" option of the configuration back to "normal" instead of "css".
You need to set the "button display" option of the configuration back to "normal" instead of "css".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds