- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Featured products background picture and text
12 years 6 months ago #147028
by RickR
Featured products background picture and text was created by RickR
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
degroenestart.nl/index.php/webshop
-- HikaShop version -- : Latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
Is it possible to make the picture for the product centered in the featured products showcase? If yes, what do I need to change in the css? Is it also possible to make the picture of the product bigger?
Ideally I would like the white background gone and just have the picture of the product plus the description, price and quantity that are there already.
Which brings me to my last question: I cannot find the color hex for the text for the products in the featured products showcase. What is the exact name I need to look for?
-- HikaShop version -- : Latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
Is it possible to make the picture for the product centered in the featured products showcase? If yes, what do I need to change in the css? Is it also possible to make the picture of the product bigger?
Ideally I would like the white background gone and just have the picture of the product plus the description, price and quantity that are there already.
Which brings me to my last question: I cannot find the color hex for the text for the products in the featured products showcase. What is the exact name I need to look for?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 6 months ago #147044
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Featured products background picture and text
Hi,
Reading that documentation will probably help you to solve your issue.
Reading that documentation will probably help you to solve your issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RickR
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147092
by RickR
Replied by RickR on topic Featured products background picture and text
I have read the document and I have gotten stuck.
That's why I am asking for where it is and how to change it.
Just telling me the line of code where it is would be enough for me to continue.
I have spend a few hours on it already and I am just making no headway.
That's why I am asking for where it is and how to change it.
Just telling me the line of code where it is would be enough for me to continue.
I have spend a few hours on it already and I am just making no headway.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147094
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Featured products background picture and text
Hi,
Mohamed was talking about the "customize the display" documentation.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Depending your template, the colors and other elements can change.
You have several options in the HikaShop menu/modules (under "Display > Content menu" and "Display > Content module") where you can change some basic options/colors of your product listing.
But for more specific modification/customization, overriding the HikaShop CSS or adding new CSS rules in your template will be better.
Regards,
Mohamed was talking about the "customize the display" documentation.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Depending your template, the colors and other elements can change.
You have several options in the HikaShop menu/modules (under "Display > Content menu" and "Display > Content module") where you can change some basic options/colors of your product listing.
But for more specific modification/customization, overriding the HikaShop CSS or adding new CSS rules in your template will be better.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RickR
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147200
by RickR
Replied by RickR on topic Featured products background picture and text
I found the display
I changed it to a bright colour to find it in the custom CSS file. It doesn't seem to be stored there.
Where can I find it in the CSS file?
degroenestart.nl/
I changed it to a bright colour to find it in the custom CSS file. It doesn't seem to be stored there.
Where can I find it in the CSS file?
degroenestart.nl/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147208
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Featured products background picture and text
Hi,
When using the code from this configuration (on the screenshot), the css is added inline, it means that it's added in the html directly and not in a css file.
So in the css file, you have to add your custom properties like explained in the tutorial given.
You can use "!important" at the end of your properties to be sure that it will override the inline css.
Like:
When using the code from this configuration (on the screenshot), the css is added inline, it means that it's added in the html directly and not in a css file.
So in the css file, you have to add your custom properties like explained in the tutorial given.
You can use "!important" at the end of your properties to be sure that it will override the inline css.
Like:
Code:
.myClass{ color: #cccccc !important;}
The following user(s) said Thank You: RickR
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147352
by RickR
Replied by RickR on topic Featured products background picture and text
So I can add the line for a colour. Does that mean I can add a line as well to remove the entire white background behind the product image?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147466
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Featured products background picture and text
Hi,
Yes, you can do a lot of design customization using CSS.
It is possible to change a background color, to remove it, etc.
I really recommend you to read the documentation about how customize the display.
Doing such job require some CSS knowledges. There are very good tutorial in Internet to learn that.
Regards,
Yes, you can do a lot of design customization using CSS.
It is possible to change a background color, to remove it, etc.
I really recommend you to read the documentation about how customize the display.
Doing such job require some CSS knowledges. There are very good tutorial in Internet to learn that.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds