- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Content Module links not working
- danshand84
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 6 months ago #147528
by danshand84
Content Module links not working was created by danshand84
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
dmmendoza.com/index.php/hikashop-menu-fo...2-useful-travel-aids
-- HikaShop version -- : com_hikashop_starter_2.3.0_2014-03-05.zip
-- Joomla version -- :2.5.18
-- PHP version -- :5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 27.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Article not found
Hi,
I am getting the same error that you describe in you're faq: The links of my HikaShop content module don't work (error 404) when SEF is activated.
Turning off SEF fixes the problem. I have a Categories listing menu item. Listing the categories works fine, but when I click on one of the category links when SEF Friendly URLs is set to yes, I get an error page which states on the bottom: #404 Article not found.
I tried looking for a Hikashop Hidden menu, but I don't have one. I loaded Hikashop and went through the wizard, but no hidden menu for hikashop was created. Is this my problem? I also changed the menu option of my associated module to categories listing and made sure access was public, but this did not fix it.
I now have the site set to not use sef friendly urls because I need to build the rest of it so you won't get the error, but I attached screen prints and can give you backend access if you need it.
I have another site that is running Joomla 3.1.5 and maybe a slightly earlier version of hikashop that works find and it's set up more or less the same. It does have a hikashop hidden menu but that menu only has one menu item of type checkout.
Thanks
Dan
-- HikaShop version -- : com_hikashop_starter_2.3.0_2014-03-05.zip
-- Joomla version -- :2.5.18
-- PHP version -- :5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 27.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Article not found
Hi,
I am getting the same error that you describe in you're faq: The links of my HikaShop content module don't work (error 404) when SEF is activated.
Turning off SEF fixes the problem. I have a Categories listing menu item. Listing the categories works fine, but when I click on one of the category links when SEF Friendly URLs is set to yes, I get an error page which states on the bottom: #404 Article not found.
I tried looking for a Hikashop Hidden menu, but I don't have one. I loaded Hikashop and went through the wizard, but no hidden menu for hikashop was created. Is this my problem? I also changed the menu option of my associated module to categories listing and made sure access was public, but this did not fix it.
I now have the site set to not use sef friendly urls because I need to build the rest of it so you won't get the error, but I attached screen prints and can give you backend access if you need it.
I have another site that is running Joomla 3.1.5 and maybe a slightly earlier version of hikashop that works find and it's set up more or less the same. It does have a hikashop hidden menu but that menu only has one menu item of type checkout.
Thanks
Dan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147542
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Content Module links not working
Hi,
Please deactivate the option "Remove products and categories id in URLs" in your HikaShop Sef options.
Regards,
Please deactivate the option "Remove products and categories id in URLs" in your HikaShop Sef options.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TerryHikashop
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- danshand84
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #147545
by danshand84
Replied by danshand84 on topic Content Module links not working
Hi Jerome,
Thanks for your quick reply. Actually that option was already deactivated (set to no). Either way doesn't make a difference. I even tried deactivating all 3 sef yes/no choices and still no luck.
Thanks
Dan
Thanks for your quick reply. Actually that option was already deactivated (set to no). Either way doesn't make a difference. I even tried deactivating all 3 sef yes/no choices and still no luck.
Thanks
Dan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147546
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Content Module links not working
Hi,
I have just realized that, opening your link show a problem with your template which does not handle SEF urls.
It breaks all CSS and Javascript inclusions.
Please test it using another template (like the default Joomla template).
Regards,
I have just realized that, opening your link show a problem with your template which does not handle SEF urls.
It breaks all CSS and Javascript inclusions.
Please test it using another template (like the default Joomla template).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- danshand84
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #147549
by danshand84
Replied by danshand84 on topic Content Module links not working
Hi Jerome,
I tried with beez2 and atomic and same problem.
I also have a problem with checkout now. This is more important. I have manual shipping method published. Very simple just $3.00 for shipping for all products. It's the only shipping method I have published. For payment I'm using paypal standard with the paypal sandbox. I had this working on my other site with no problems.
Now I'm getting stuck in shipping on checkout. The manual shipping method is automatically selected when I get to that step (makes sense since it is the only one). When I click Next I stay on same page - no error. Payment/Discount step is next. If I click on the payment link at the top line with all the steps I get a 403 forbidden error default error page from webhost.
Can you tell me what is wrong?
Thanks
Dan
I tried with beez2 and atomic and same problem.
I also have a problem with checkout now. This is more important. I have manual shipping method published. Very simple just $3.00 for shipping for all products. It's the only shipping method I have published. For payment I'm using paypal standard with the paypal sandbox. I had this working on my other site with no problems.
Now I'm getting stuck in shipping on checkout. The manual shipping method is automatically selected when I get to that step (makes sense since it is the only one). When I click Next I stay on same page - no error. Payment/Discount step is next. If I click on the payment link at the top line with all the steps I get a 403 forbidden error default error page from webhost.
Can you tell me what is wrong?
Thanks
Dan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- danshand84
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #147551
by danshand84
Replied by danshand84 on topic Content Module links not working
Hi Jerome,
Update on Forbidden error I am getting:
I removed the Shipping step from the checkout and re-tried. When attempting to go to the payment step I am getting the forbidden error.
I am running this site on a free host and didn't realize there may be restrictions that don't allow this process. Based on their documentation I just found out the following:
1. Outgoing Connections are enabled but for trusted sites only (e.g. Facebook, Wordpress, Joomla, Twitter etc.)
2. HTTP(s) outgoing connections are disabled.
3. The following PHP functions are disabled : allow_url_fopen, fsockopen, pfsockpen, getrusage, get_current_user, set_time_limit, getmyuid, getmypid, dl, leak, listen, chown, chgrp, realpath, link.
So is the free host the cause of this problem and not hikashop?
Thanks
Dan
Update on Forbidden error I am getting:
I removed the Shipping step from the checkout and re-tried. When attempting to go to the payment step I am getting the forbidden error.
I am running this site on a free host and didn't realize there may be restrictions that don't allow this process. Based on their documentation I just found out the following:
1. Outgoing Connections are enabled but for trusted sites only (e.g. Facebook, Wordpress, Joomla, Twitter etc.)
2. HTTP(s) outgoing connections are disabled.
3. The following PHP functions are disabled : allow_url_fopen, fsockopen, pfsockpen, getrusage, get_current_user, set_time_limit, getmyuid, getmypid, dl, leak, listen, chown, chgrp, realpath, link.
So is the free host the cause of this problem and not hikashop?
Thanks
Dan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149061
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Content Module links not working
Hi,
Indeed it seems to be the free host the problem.
Too many restrictions to allow to reach the payment site.
Indeed it seems to be the free host the problem.
Too many restrictions to allow to reach the payment site.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds