Badges in Category view?
Jan
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Like it's said on the Badges documentation :
So I don't think that you'll be able to do it without editing the code of badges.This screen enables you to edit the Badges options. In HikaShop, you will be able to create badges which will be
visible on the images of the product. That way, you can highlight some specific attributes of some products, like discounts, new products, featured products, etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However I think that it should be possible in the category view as well.
One scenario could look like this.
In a category you have several products of the same type but a few of them are on sale. Then it would be good to be able to show that in the category view. In some shops customers familiar with your products order directly in category view since they know what they want. If they could see the badges in category view they could be offered another product to a better price.
I think that badges more logical place is in the category view of all kinds, list and DIV.
Jan
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Jan
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not sure to undestrand what you exactly need.
To display the badges on the product listings, you have to change the options of the menu / module displaying that listing.
If you want to display a badge on a category image in a categories listing, I think that actually the best way is to use custom fields on categories, in the value of the field set the url of the image.
Then edit the categories listing view and if there is a value for this field, display a badge.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here is my category view, some products here are on special price for a limited time, I want that to be seen in this view.
Here you see how it looks in product view.
I think this is a limitation of Hikashop, it is pretty obvious that the badges should be shown in the category view as well. Many customers just see the category and make the orders from there since they know the product.
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It is not a category view, it is a product listing module.
A category view display a category, not products...
Please activate the badges in that product listing module.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry for missunderstanding the terminology here.
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So please, provide us a screenshot of your product listing module.
A link to your website in order to check the ID of the product listing module used in the category listing view could be also, useful.
Like your HikaShop version number, some indication about view override (product listing views), etc.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Link to page: www.colorconsult.se/webshop/programvaror...-verktyg/pitstop-pro
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now when I knew what to look for and where I found that the file "listing_img_title.php" had the part for the badges commented out.
Don't know why but it was done a while ago and I probably didn't think I would need it
thanks for the patience.
Jan
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.