- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Linked product characteristics dropdowns?
- Helveticus
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #148974
by Helveticus
Linked product characteristics dropdowns? was created by Helveticus
-- url of the page with the problem -- localhost
-- HikaShop version -- :HK Essential: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- :2.5.19
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FreFox 27.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi, I would like to know if HK supports out of the box parent-child drop-downs for product characteristics options.
For instance, I have a series of main options:
Opt1, Opt1, Opt3, etc.
Would it be possible to associate to the main options additional suboptions ie:
Opt1 --> Opt1.1, Opt1.2, ...
Opt2 --> Opt2.1, Opt2.2, ...
and have those suboptions displayed in a distinct drop-down next to the main drop-down once the parent option has been selected?
So far, I found the following reference:
HK developement forum - dynamic-dropdowns-with-charateristics-options
The below image is extracted from the above poster's fiddle. This is exactly what I am after.
Are there any work-arounds to achieve this in the Essential release w/o messing up with php code? Filtering seems only to be available in the Business version.
TIA for any hints.
-- HikaShop version -- :HK Essential: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- :2.5.19
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FreFox 27.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi, I would like to know if HK supports out of the box parent-child drop-downs for product characteristics options.
For instance, I have a series of main options:
Opt1, Opt1, Opt3, etc.
Would it be possible to associate to the main options additional suboptions ie:
Opt1 --> Opt1.1, Opt1.2, ...
Opt2 --> Opt2.1, Opt2.2, ...
and have those suboptions displayed in a distinct drop-down next to the main drop-down once the parent option has been selected?
So far, I found the following reference:
HK developement forum - dynamic-dropdowns-with-charateristics-options
The below image is extracted from the above poster's fiddle. This is exactly what I am after.
Are there any work-arounds to achieve this in the Essential release w/o messing up with php code? Filtering seems only to be available in the Business version.
TIA for any hints.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Helveticus.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149039
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Linked product characteristics dropdowns?
Hi,
I'm afraid that you'll have to mess with the php code.
I'm afraid that you'll have to mess with the php code.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds