- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 0
Manual sorting of different category
- davideventurini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 5 months ago #153327
by davideventurini
Manual sorting of different category was created by davideventurini
Hello, is it possible to manual sort the products of different subcategory?
Let say I have category A then subcategory B: I want to manual order products of category A with products of subcategory B.
Is that possible?
I try to view ALL products(not only the direct products) of category A but the colum of manual order disappear.
Thank you
Let say I have category A then subcategory B: I want to manual order products of category A with products of subcategory B.
Is that possible?
I try to view ALL products(not only the direct products) of category A but the colum of manual order disappear.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153358
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Manual sorting of different category
Hi,
Yes it's possible, in your filter options you have to select "category A" for the category option and enable the option to apply the filter on sub categories.
Yes it's possible, in your filter options you have to select "category A" for the category option and enable the option to apply the filter on sub categories.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- davideventurini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #153395
by davideventurini
Replied by davideventurini on topic Manual sorting of different category
Hello Xavier, thanks for answered me.
I did not understand very well what you wrote me. In the attached file you find a screenshoot. What I need is to MANUAL sorting category UOMO with subcategory REAL LIFE.
As you see ALL the products are shown but the column "sorting" is disappear.
Hope you understand me.
Thank you
I did not understand very well what you wrote me. In the attached file you find a screenshoot. What I need is to MANUAL sorting category UOMO with subcategory REAL LIFE.
As you see ALL the products are shown but the column "sorting" is disappear.
Hope you understand me.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153409
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Manual sorting of different category
Hi,
Sorry I was thinking that you were looking for such filtering in frontend not in backend.
In the backend you can filter to display products of one category, or of one category and all the subcategories but not on one category and one of it's subcategories.
Sorry I was thinking that you were looking for such filtering in frontend not in backend.
In the backend you can filter to display products of one category, or of one category and all the subcategories but not on one category and one of it's subcategories.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- davideventurini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #153498
by davideventurini
Replied by davideventurini on topic Manual sorting of different category
Sorry for my bad explication, I try again to explain you with 2 screenshoot in attached. Please have a look.
What I need is "How to manual sorting one category and all the subcategories?"
Thank you
What I need is "How to manual sorting one category and all the subcategories?"
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153515
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Manual sorting of different category
Hi,
"Ordering" in two different categories is indeed not possible.
If you really want a specific ordering, I think that the best way is to use custom fields, then in the frontend in the module / menu options sort on the specified custom field.
"Ordering" in two different categories is indeed not possible.
If you really want a specific ordering, I think that the best way is to use custom fields, then in the frontend in the module / menu options sort on the specified custom field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- davideventurini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #153670
by davideventurini
Replied by davideventurini on topic Manual sorting of different category
Wonderful, thank you so much, I got it with custom fields and now I have the order I want.
Thank you for your help
Thank you for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds