- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
event registration
- branchoutwebsites
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have been using your useful tutorial here: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...5-entry-listing.html
I have created various form fields. Now, as I understand it, I need to asign them to products so that when the form as been filled out, the form data is added to the cart with a product.
So I think I need to use the 'correspond to the product' option. When I click on this I need to select an item for the list. I do this and click add. I actually want to multi select here, because I have 4 separate events.
If I click on one event or all four, I get an error as in the following screenshot and it will not add the product to the form field.
This is a very important part of the component for me, please help me resolve this as a matter of urgency as I have just upgraded to business edition specifically for this feature.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This error could be either :
1. A fatal error with no error message displayed. Please try again with the error reporting and debug mode options of the Joomla configuration turned on and see if you get any error.
2. A javascript error on your backend preventing the javascript of the 'correspond to the product' option to work properly. Look at the javascript console error log of your browser while on the custom field edition page and see if you get any javascript error.
Also, please provide a screenshot of the field options page before configuring that option so that we can see what you have.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- branchoutwebsites
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- branchoutwebsites
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- branchoutwebsites
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So the problem is the javascript error.
Probably a system plugin which is loading something it shouldn't in the backend.
You have two things you can try:
1. replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/limitparent.php with the one in the archive below:
Please log in or register to see it.
2. install and configure the plugin jquery easy for joomla:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...jquery-scripts/18327
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- branchoutwebsites
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
I can't see where to upload the .php file - there doesn't seem to be a folder called /types/ in that location.
I still get a white screen as before with this error:
11 The School Run - Trail Race (7th June 2014)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's not possible that you don't have that folder on your website or HikaShop wouldn't be able to work at all.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- branchoutwebsites
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- branchoutwebsites
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- branchoutwebsites
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
I don't get an error when I try to apply the custom field to specific products now.
I uploaded the new .php file - thanks!
I have created a event entry menu item (only visible to registered users.)
When the menu item is selected, I add in name and age, my two custom fields.
Then instead of the two events I wish to enter, I get my full shop displayed twice.
Ii also says 'cart is empty' at the top and will not accept adding any items to the cart.
Please explain what to do next.
Thanks for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I would recommend to follow our tutorial on creating an event registration page which explains that:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...5-entry-listing.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- branchoutwebsites
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.