- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Separate shops on one domain?
12 years 5 months ago #154211
by r08
Separate shops on one domain? was created by r08
Is it possible to create multiple shops on the same domain? I know might sound kind of a weird request but this is one setup I am considering...
I will have MYSITE.com and several different businesses under this one site.
MYSITE.com/gardening
MYSITE.com/race-cars
etc...
Is it possible to somehow have separate shops? I would imagine you can create categories and that's one way to keep the products separated. I'm thinking that problems might occur when someone uses the search feature and the search will not keep the results separated but might return products related to race-cars for someone that's on the gardening page looking for a gardening product.
Please confirm how difficult, or easy
this can be with HikaShop.
Thanks
I will have MYSITE.com and several different businesses under this one site.
MYSITE.com/gardening
MYSITE.com/race-cars
etc...
Is it possible to somehow have separate shops? I would imagine you can create categories and that's one way to keep the products separated. I'm thinking that problems might occur when someone uses the search feature and the search will not keep the results separated but might return products related to race-cars for someone that's on the gardening page looking for a gardening product.
Please confirm how difficult, or easy
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #154213
by r08
Replied by r08 on topic Separate shops on one domain?
Honestly I don't need to have the search feature but just trying to think of what might cause this not to work.
I should also mention that the shopping cart is ok if everything goes in it, does not have to be separate cart per shop.
I should also mention that the shopping cart is ok if everything goes in it, does not have to be separate cart per shop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #154219
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Separate shops on one domain?
Hi,
A search feature could complexify the structure of the website but it would still be possible with just categories and using HikaShop filters instead of the Joomla search.
The cart would also be shared through all the website in that case.
But even then, you could easily have the carts and the search separated using JMS multisite in order to have virtual websites on your website: www.jms2win.com/
That way, you would effectively be able to separate anything on your website.
So there are solutions, which can be more or less easy, it depends how far you want to go.
A search feature could complexify the structure of the website but it would still be possible with just categories and using HikaShop filters instead of the Joomla search.
The cart would also be shared through all the website in that case.
But even then, you could easily have the carts and the search separated using JMS multisite in order to have virtual websites on your website: www.jms2win.com/
That way, you would effectively be able to separate anything on your website.
So there are solutions, which can be more or less easy, it depends how far you want to go.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds