- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
I can't figure out how to change product url
12 years 4 months ago #154500
by ceciliasp
I can't figure out how to change product url was created by ceciliasp
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
horizonteaps.com.ar
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
I have a site where I list all of the on line courses available on the front page.
When I click on any of those courses, I get redirected to the following url www.horizonteaps.com.ar//hikashop-menu-f...les-de-la-salud.html
As you can see this is a extremely long url and I would like to change that.
The last part (after the last /) is the product name. But I can't figure out what´s the /hikashop-menu-for-products-listing/curso/[/i, ] and I would like to change that so it can seem more SEF.
Any hint would help.
Txs
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
I have a site where I list all of the on line courses available on the front page.
When I click on any of those courses, I get redirected to the following url www.horizonteaps.com.ar//hikashop-menu-f...les-de-la-salud.html
As you can see this is a extremely long url and I would like to change that.
The last part (after the last /) is the product name. But I can't figure out what´s the /hikashop-menu-for-products-listing/curso/[/i, ] and I would like to change that so it can seem more SEF.
Any hint would help.
Txs
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 4 months ago #154519
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic I can't figure out how to change product url
Hi,
The "hikashop-menu-for-products-listing" is the alias of your Hikashop product listing content menu through "Hikashop->Display->Content menus".
The "hikashop-menu-for-products-listing" is the alias of your Hikashop product listing content menu through "Hikashop->Display->Content menus".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154598
by ceciliasp
Replied by ceciliasp on topic I can't figure out how to change product url
Sorry.... I can't seem to find the path Hikashop->Display->Content menus".
I can only see
Default Module Options
Default product options
Default category options
DIV Options
None of them would let me change a alias variable
The problem is that my environment is in spanish so sometimes the translation uses a different word.
Any idea of where could I find this option?
Thxs
I can only see
Default Module Options
Default product options
Default category options
DIV Options
None of them would let me change a alias variable
The problem is that my environment is in spanish so sometimes the translation uses a different word.
Any idea of where could I find this option?
Thxs
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154614
by ceciliasp
Replied by ceciliasp on topic I can't figure out how to change product url
I actually renamed all my menu aliases, cleaned the system's caché and cleaned JoomSEF caché but I still see the following url format:
" www.horizonteaps.com.ar/hikashop-menu-for-products-listing/ curso/20-la-mamografia-en-el-rastreo-de-patologia-mamaria.html"
Note that the word in bold is the name I gave to the alias. What I don't understand is why the system is adding the "hikashop-menu-for-products-listing" part....
" www.horizonteaps.com.ar/hikashop-menu-for-products-listing/ curso/20-la-mamografia-en-el-rastreo-de-patologia-mamaria.html"
Note that the word in bold is the name I gave to the alias. What I don't understand is why the system is adding the "hikashop-menu-for-products-listing" part....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154615
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic I can't figure out how to change product url
These are sections of the Display tab of the configuration.
Mohamed was talking about the menu Display->Content menus which is displayed in the menu bar, not of a tab.
But you can also edit your menu item's alias via the joomla menu manager in fact, so you don't even need to go in HikaShop to do that.
Mohamed was talking about the menu Display->Content menus which is displayed in the menu bar, not of a tab.
But you can also edit your menu item's alias via the joomla menu manager in fact, so you don't even need to go in HikaShop to do that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154700
by ceciliasp
Replied by ceciliasp on topic I can't figure out how to change product url
Thanks Nicolas!
I've already renamed the menus as you say, but still I can't see any changes.
I've cleaned the systems and JoomSEF caché...
Is there anything else I should do?
I've already renamed the menus as you say, but still I can't see any changes.
I've cleaned the systems and JoomSEF caché...
Is there anything else I should do?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154805
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic I can't figure out how to change product url
That's a common issue in Joomla:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2064119
Normally, it means that you have the Joomla system cache plugin turned on on your website.
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2064119
Normally, it means that you have the Joomla system cache plugin turned on on your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155473
by ceciliasp
Replied by ceciliasp on topic I can't figure out how to change product url
Thanks Nicholas! That was the problem!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds