- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
Place short description in the product overview
12 years 4 months ago #155046
by ff87
Place short description in the product overview was created by ff87
Hi there,
I would like to create a custom field called "short description" in which I have to be able to add individual descriptions for each product. These descriptions must be shown in the product listing overview on the checkout page (see attachment).
Any ideas how to do that? And which kind of custom field do I have to create?
I would like to create a custom field called "short description" in which I have to be able to add individual descriptions for each product. These descriptions must be shown in the product listing overview on the checkout page (see attachment).
Any ideas how to do that? And which kind of custom field do I have to create?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155088
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Place short description in the product overview
Hi,
You need to create a custom field of the table "product".
In order to display them in the cart products listing of the checkout, you will have to edit the file "cart" of the view "checkout and add such code :
<?php echo $row->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME; ?>
(where CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME is to be replaced with the column name of your custom field) after the line:
<?php echo $row->product_name; ?>
You need to create a custom field of the table "product".
In order to display them in the cart products listing of the checkout, you will have to edit the file "cart" of the view "checkout and add such code :
<?php echo $row->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME; ?>
(where CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME is to be replaced with the column name of your custom field) after the line:
<?php echo $row->product_name; ?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155135
by ff87
Replied by ff87 on topic Place short description in the product overview
I´m sorry, I don´t see any <?php echo $row->product_name; ?> in the file "cart" of the view "checkout"...
Please check again.
Please check again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155178
by ff87
Replied by ff87 on topic Place short description in the product overview
Please see attachment. There you can see how the individual custom field texts must be positioned. The kind of which you have described is not the solution I´m looking for, I´m sorry. Hope to have informed you correctly now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155212
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Place short description in the product overview
Hi,
I'm sorry but the solution I gave is the correct solution for what you want to do.
I just checked and the line <?php echo $row->product_name; ?> is present in the view "checkout / cart" as I said earlier.
If you don't have it, it's probably because the view had already been edited, or because you have an old version of HikaShop.
I'm sorry but the solution I gave is the correct solution for what you want to do.
I just checked and the line <?php echo $row->product_name; ?> is present in the view "checkout / cart" as I said earlier.
If you don't have it, it's probably because the view had already been edited, or because you have an old version of HikaShop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ff87
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155253
by ff87
Replied by ff87 on topic Place short description in the product overview
Neither, nor. The problem was the browser searching tool, it hasn´t done its jop properly. Anyway, you´re right of course. Many thanks!If you don't have it, it's probably because the view had already been edited, or because you have an old version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds