- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Bootstrap compatibility
12 years 4 months ago #155477
by brunom93
Bootstrap compatibility was created by brunom93
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
sandbox.stamina.pt/hika/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5+
HI I am using a blank template, from blank.vc that includes bootstrap, and I've turned on the option that says bootstrap design.
I've noticed that Hikashop's classes are not the same as the ones Bootstrap usually uses.
my page only shows a straight vertical line as blog layout of categories, without bootstrap action.
Can you advice me on this? thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5+
HI I am using a blank template, from blank.vc that includes bootstrap, and I've turned on the option that says bootstrap design.
I've noticed that Hikashop's classes are not the same as the ones Bootstrap usually uses.
my page only shows a straight vertical line as blog layout of categories, without bootstrap action.
Can you advice me on this? thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155490
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Bootstrap compatibility
Hi,
This template uses bootstrap V3 instead of the bootstrap V2 that is available with Joomla 3. HikaShop is only compatible with bootstrap V2 since we based ourselves on Joomla. You will have to keep the "use bootstrap design" option turned off or HikaShop won't be displayed properly because the V2 and the V3 use completely different classes and HTML and are not compatible together.
This template uses bootstrap V3 instead of the bootstrap V2 that is available with Joomla 3. HikaShop is only compatible with bootstrap V2 since we based ourselves on Joomla. You will have to keep the "use bootstrap design" option turned off or HikaShop won't be displayed properly because the V2 and the V3 use completely different classes and HTML and are not compatible together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brunom93
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #155563
by brunom93
Replied by brunom93 on topic Bootstrap compatibility
thanks, that's a good tip, but not calling bootstrap isn't quite an option for this project.. 
So if I use the Joomla core bootstrap it should work right? since it is the version 2
I've tried to call it like this:
JHtml::_('bootstrap.framework');
unfortunately it doesn't work either, why is that? isn't it the right way to call bootstrap v2?
thanks in advance, Bruno
So if I use the Joomla core bootstrap it should work right? since it is the version 2
I've tried to call it like this:
JHtml::_('bootstrap.framework');
unfortunately it doesn't work either, why is that? isn't it the right way to call bootstrap v2?
thanks in advance, Bruno
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by brunom93.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155622
by brunom93
Replied by brunom93 on topic Bootstrap compatibility
Hi Nicolas, I solved the problem, turns out that joomla wasn't calling the bootstrap css stylesheet.
now it is working.
I need some help in another topic, I need to custom the product listing layout n my Homepage, I'd like to find the respective file in your
"Display -> Views" area, which one is it? can you tell me?
Thank you, Bruno.
now it is working.
I need some help in another topic, I need to custom the product listing layout n my Homepage, I'd like to find the respective file in your
"Display -> Views" area, which one is it? can you tell me?
Thank you, Bruno.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155637
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Bootstrap compatibility
Hi,
Good to know that you solved your template issue.
For view customization, I will recommend you this documentation page:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-display.html#layout
It explains how to find the corresponding view of your request.
Regards,
Good to know that you solved your template issue.
For view customization, I will recommend you this documentation page:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-display.html#layout
It explains how to find the corresponding view of your request.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds