- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Products not showing in admin
12 years 4 months ago #155654
by mgagnon
Products not showing in admin was created by mgagnon
Hello,
I have a local development version of Joomla version 3.3 on a LAMP server. It is a brand new install of Joomla with no other plugins.
I installed HikaShop 2.3.0 and walked through the initial config screens with no problem. I added a very simple product and saved and closed the screen.
But when it brings me back to the all products screen, not only does it not show the product I just created, but it also shows the page unstyled. Viewing the page source shows no HTML headers or styles.
I can confirm that the product was added, however, since I can see it in the products table.
Is this a bug, or what am I missing?
I have a local development version of Joomla version 3.3 on a LAMP server. It is a brand new install of Joomla with no other plugins.
I installed HikaShop 2.3.0 and walked through the initial config screens with no problem. I added a very simple product and saved and closed the screen.
But when it brings me back to the all products screen, not only does it not show the product I just created, but it also shows the page unstyled. Viewing the page source shows no HTML headers or styles.
I can confirm that the product was added, however, since I can see it in the products table.
Is this a bug, or what am I missing?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155680
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Products not showing in admin
Hi,
It seems that an error is present in the page. Thanks to set the joomla error reporting level to "maximum".
By this way an error will be displayed, and we will be able to help you on this.
It seems that an error is present in the page. Thanks to set the joomla error reporting level to "maximum".
By this way an error will be displayed, and we will be able to help you on this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155769
by mgagnon
Replied by mgagnon on topic Products not showing in admin
Thanks for the reply. With maximum error reporting, I get this on that same page:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function ImageCreateFromJPEG() in /var/www/joomla.local/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 800
Not sure if it matters, but I've tried products with and without product images.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function ImageCreateFromJPEG() in /var/www/joomla.local/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 800
Not sure if it matters, but I've tried products with and without product images.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155784
by mgagnon
Replied by mgagnon on topic Products not showing in admin
Anyone have an answer for this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155790
by mgagnon
Replied by mgagnon on topic Products not showing in admin
FYI, for anyone having the same issue: It appears that this error occurred because the PHP GD (image) library was not installed. Once installed, the site worked fine. This should be more prominent in the required specs for the plugin however. The error reporting was inadequate also. It was really by chance that I figured it out, after several wasted hours.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155885
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Products not showing in admin
Hi,
Thanks a lot for having shared your solution, indeed it's not easy to solve this kind of issue.
Thanks a lot for having shared your solution, indeed it's not easy to solve this kind of issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds