- Posts: 86
- Thank you received: 3
Clicking the category, the products are not showin
- magickarle
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi. I think I deleted by mistake a needed module. It was not published and I though not needed.
Now when I click on a category, the related products are not showing.
How can I recreate the missing linkage.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You have to edit the category menu, then in the option "associated module" select the desired products listing module and save the menu parameters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I thought the category module would just link to that specific category that displays the products within it or sub-categories. Just link standard joomla categories.
But it seems a bit trickier. I also tried following the same configuraiton as the Demo site but no lucky.
I appreciate the help.
Cheers
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
I got the same behavior. I can't navigate through categories to subcategorie, it returns just the description, but no product. (See screenshot #2)
Something strange, because I got some joomla direct link to a categorie and everything is fine (see screenshot 1)
In my opinion, i occurs since I deleted some disabled menu and modules with a "Hikashop ..." name. I m wondering if that is the cause of that. But How to recreate it or fix ?
Thanks for your support
maxime
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- magickarle
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 86
- Thank you received: 3
I didn't have time to reverse engineer.
I hope to put more time into it but my site is in prod so I can't waist too much time.
We'll see where this thread goes to.
si@groupehevea.com wrote: Hi,
I got the same behavior. I can't navigate through categories to subcategorie, it returns just the description, but no product. (See screenshot #2)
Something strange, because I got some joomla direct link to a categorie and everything is fine (see screenshot 1)
In my opinion, i occurs since I deleted some disabled menu and modules with a "Hikashop ..." name. I m wondering if that is the cause of that. But How to recreate it or fix ?
Thanks for your support
maxime
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- magickarle
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 86
- Thank you received: 3
Then click on your default menu item.
Then go to tab HikaShop Options and click on the link HikaShop Options.
You should see Associated modules with the module name.
I have attached my settings for this module in case you need to recreate it.
maujbigo wrote: Hi, I am having the same problem. I tried to understand the direction given Xavier but not lucky.
I thought the category module would just link to that specific category that displays the products within it or sub-categories. Just link standard joomla categories.
But it seems a bit trickier. I also tried following the same configuraiton as the Demo site but no lucky.
I appreciate the help.
Cheers
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
If you are listing your categories through an Hikashop content module, the solution will probably be to :
- Go to the page "Hikashop->Display->Content module"
- Edit your category listing content module
- Set the "Menu" to one of your category listing menu which have an "associated module" which display products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So am I right to assume that the category module doesn't take you to a page where it displays the products within that category?
What actually displays the products is a module assigned to that page. Right?
So where does the categories from the categories module links to? Because it just takes me to a blank page.
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
1. The category module take you to the Hikashop category listing content menu that you have set through the "menu" option of your category content module configuration pageSo am I right to assume that the category module doesn't take you to a page where it displays the products within that category?
What actually displays the products is a module assigned to that page. Right?
2. What actually displays the products is a product listing content module Associated to the Hikashop category listing content menu through the "Associated modules" option.
Did you correctly set the "menu" option of your category listing content module, to your category listing content menu ?So where does the categories from the categories module links to? Because it just takes me to a blank page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I did manage to get that working and yes, I also set the correct menu to the module.
I was just trying to understand the logic behind the component.
In my case for example, I don't have subcategories within the categories listed in the module.
I really just want a link to a page that shows products for each of the categories listed in the module when I click on them.
I say it doesn't link to anywhere because in my case there are no subcategories to list but there are products. But to load the products I need to associate a modules, etc.
I thought it would behave like standard joomla: shows the items within the category and then the subcategories below.
To me would make sense to follow the logic of the platform it was built for, and that might be why I and other users got confused.
All sorted now,
Thanks a lot for the help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.