Skip to main content

Custom Field (item) for every single item in cart

More
12 years 4 months ago #157940 by mhelm
Joomla: 3.3
HIKA: 2.3

Hi everyone,
I want to use HIKA to sell courses to subscribers.
I created a product named "course 1" and -since I want the customer to enter the subscriber-name and age (which can be different from the customername)- two custom fields (subscriber-name and subscriber-age).
Everything works as expected: When adding the product to the cart, name and age must be entered.

My problem occurs, when a customer wants to add two subscribers to a course: If the customer just changes the amount of products (before adding to cart or even within the cart while checkout) only ONE name and age is beeing asked for - but I need a name for every single subscriber!
I see two solutions:
1. there is an option (I didn't find yet) to enter the custom item-fields for every single product
2. there is an option (I didn't find this one either) to prevent HIKA from changing the amount number, so the amount will always be "1". If two subscribers are needed, then the product must be added twice to the cart.
Any ideas are welcome - thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #157996 by lousyfool
I can only answer #2, but that safely:

Yes, that option exists. In the backend, go to -> System -> Configuration -> Main tab -> Product section. There'll you find the parameter "Display the quantity field on the product page". Relevant for you: either "No", or - if you have some products where you still want the quantity field - "On a per product basis". In case of the latter, the default is no display, but you can enable it for each product in the backend.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhelm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #157963 by nicolas
Hi,

The simplest will be to change the option "Display the quantity field on the product page" to "No display".
That way, the user will have to add the products one at a time to the cart, each time filling the custom fields.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhelm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #158068 by mhelm
Thanks a lot - that's (almost) the solution.
But I can still edit the quantity when viewing the cart - is there an option to disable that as well?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #158084 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,
The solution will probably b to edit your cart module and set the "Show quantities in the cart" option to NO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #158190 by mhelm
Almost there...quantity-field is now disabled in product-display and HIKA-cart-module - but still visible in the checkout-process (the "hika_checkout_cart"). Is there an option to disable the quantity-field there (but I need to keep the "delete product"-link)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #158202 by lousyfool
You'll need to edit the view "cart" under "checkout" as well.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum