- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Product Layout design - please help
12 years 4 months ago #158061
by wild
Product Layout design - please help was created by wild
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.a-cutabove.co.uk
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3 starter
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi - I have attached my product page as it stands now - the template is Favthemes Favourite.
I am struggling to make this (and other) product and category description, heading, pricing, options etc text and wording into an attractive design. The product font heading, for example (attached), is too large. How do I find the correct files to edit. I do have Firebug but still cant find the right files to edit...Please Help... and thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3 starter
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi - I have attached my product page as it stands now - the template is Favthemes Favourite.
I am struggling to make this (and other) product and category description, heading, pricing, options etc text and wording into an attractive design. The product font heading, for example (attached), is too large. How do I find the correct files to edit. I do have Firebug but still cant find the right files to edit...Please Help... and thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 4 months ago #158066
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Product Layout design - please help
Hello,
The best solution will be to use some CSS code like :
Also, reading that documentation will probably help you :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...the-display.html#css
The best solution will be to use some CSS code like :
Code:
span#hikashop_product_name_main {
font-size: 18px;
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158191
by wild
Replied by wild on topic Product Layout design - please help
hi again and thanks mohamed and other capable hikashopers- this is my first attempt at hikashop.
I am from a design background rather than the coding.
I am going to spend a couple of hours learning Firebug properly and then hopefully be able to find the correct code to edit.
Is it possible to create a table and include the various parts of the product/category descriptions, options and prices etc into the table to make it more attractive ?
I am from a design background rather than the coding.
I am going to spend a couple of hours learning Firebug properly and then hopefully be able to find the correct code to edit.
Is it possible to create a table and include the various parts of the product/category descriptions, options and prices etc into the table to make it more attractive ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158233
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Product Layout design - please help
Hi,
I want to say that almost everything is possible using the view overrides.
Because you can change the HTML (php) used by HikaShop for the product pages, listing, etc ; you can change the design and display nearly whatever you want to.
But it requires some time and some design skills.
Regards,
I want to say that almost everything is possible using the view overrides.
Because you can change the HTML (php) used by HikaShop for the product pages, listing, etc ; you can change the design and display nearly whatever you want to.
But it requires some time and some design skills.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158275
by wild
Replied by wild on topic Product Layout design - please help
hi again jerome and mohamed - yes the code I am looking for to start with (sourced using firebug) is:
<div id="hikashop_product_top_part" class="hikashop_product_top_part">
<h1>
<span id="hikashop_product_name_main" class="hikashop_product_name_main"> Womens Dress 1 </span>
<span id="hikashop_product_code_main" class="hikashop_product_code_main"> Womens_Dress_1_2 </span>
</h1>
</div>
BUT when I go into Hikashop Display Views - i cannot find the correct file to edit? A simple task just to adjust <h1> to <h3>?
Do you know which file it would be? Thanks
<div id="hikashop_product_top_part" class="hikashop_product_top_part">
<h1>
<span id="hikashop_product_name_main" class="hikashop_product_name_main"> Womens Dress 1 </span>
<span id="hikashop_product_code_main" class="hikashop_product_code_main"> Womens_Dress_1_2 </span>
</h1>
</div>
BUT when I go into Hikashop Display Views - i cannot find the correct file to edit? A simple task just to adjust <h1> to <h3>?
Do you know which file it would be? Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158378
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product Layout design - please help
Hi,
To change h1 to h3 in a product page, the view to edit is "product / show_default".
To change h1 to h3 in a product page, the view to edit is "product / show_default".
The following user(s) said Thank You: wild
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds