- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Adding a Variant after product created
12 years 4 months ago #158467
by fayster
Adding a Variant after product created was created by fayster
-- url of the page with the problem -- :unpublished
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.31
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have read on these forums that after a product has been created, in order to add a variant (for instance a new color), you bring up that product's list of variants and click on the "New" button. Well, I don't seem to have a "New" button or else it's well-hidden. The only New I have is "New Address". Is that what I need to click to add a variant?
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.31
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have read on these forums that after a product has been created, in order to add a variant (for instance a new color), you bring up that product's list of variants and click on the "New" button. Well, I don't seem to have a "New" button or else it's well-hidden. The only New I have is "New Address". Is that what I need to click to add a variant?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158504
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Adding a Variant after product created
Hi,
I would recommend to follow our documentation on characteristics/variants:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics
I would recommend to follow our documentation on characteristics/variants:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158606
by fayster
Replied by fayster on topic Adding a Variant after product created
Thanks. But I think I need to clarify my question. If I have a shirt I'm adding to the store and it has a color that is not already established as a variant in my 'color' characteristic, or maybe the factory has added a new color and I just need to add it to this product. how do I do that without deleting the variants that are there and starting over?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 4 months ago #158610
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Adding a Variant after product created
You'll just have to :
- Go to your product page
- Use the "Manage variants" button of the "Characteristics" tab
- Use the "New" button
- Set the "color" value to the new color
- Add a code and save.
- Go to your product page
- Use the "Manage variants" button of the "Characteristics" tab
- Use the "New" button
- Set the "color" value to the new color
- Add a code and save.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158806
by fayster
Replied by fayster on topic Adding a Variant after product created
I don't know if it's my version or what, but it's actually a little different
When I
- Go to Product Page
- Click on "Manage Variants" in the "Characteristics" tab
- A list of all the color variants comes up, but there is no "New" button, except for "New Address". Is that the button you're referring to? Because it brings up a New Product page.
When I
- Go to Product Page
- Click on "Manage Variants" in the "Characteristics" tab
- A list of all the color variants comes up, but there is no "New" button, except for "New Address". Is that the button you're referring to? Because it brings up a New Product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158863
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Adding a Variant after product created
Yes. IT seems that you renamed the "New" text to "New address" with a translation override.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159244
by fayster
Replied by fayster on topic Adding a Variant after product created
so, just to clarify, where I see "New Address" it normally says "New". (there are many hands on this project - one of which must have changed this)
However, when that button is clicked, below is what I see. Is there a way to get the correct "New" (new variant) button back on the manage variant page??
However, when that button is clicked, below is what I see. Is there a way to get the correct "New" (new variant) button back on the manage variant page??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159249
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Adding a Variant after product created
That's the normal page to create a new variant of a product.
So you're at the correct place.
The main thing to do here is to select the values you want for the characteristics for that variant.
So you're at the correct place.
The main thing to do here is to select the values you want for the characteristics for that variant.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds