- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 1
Product alias not updating (cached somewhere?)
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #160625
by Sergus
Product alias not updating (cached somewhere?) was created by Sergus
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.9
Hello,
I have a problem updating products on my website: when I create a new product, the alias seems to be saved somewhere. When I try to change the alias, it's changed in the database, but it's not working when I try to display the product in the frontend. It seems to be cached somewhere, but I'm out of ideas where it could be. I already disabled the Joomla cache and I don't use any 3d party SEF-plugins. I even exported the whole database and search inside it for saved aliases, but I found nothing. I also tested it on standard joomla articles and it works fine, but hikashop products do not
To be able to switch to the correct menu item, I've created canonical URLs for every product, that look like /catalogue/tea/black/{product-alias}. In the menu structure I have submenus for every product category and subcategory. Thus a product with alias "dajerling" would have this canonical URL: /catalogue/tea/black/dajerling. However when I change the alias, url shows no product (not the 404 page, just an empty content). Changing the canonical URL to the same (new) alias leads me to a 404 page. No matter how many times I change the alias, the only working version it the first created. Even if I remove the product with broken alias and create a new one with the same alias or canonical URL, I still get the 404 error
The only solution so far is to create a new product with a different alias and url...
Did someone have this problem? Can this be a server-side problem?
Best regards,
Sergey
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.9
Hello,
I have a problem updating products on my website: when I create a new product, the alias seems to be saved somewhere. When I try to change the alias, it's changed in the database, but it's not working when I try to display the product in the frontend. It seems to be cached somewhere, but I'm out of ideas where it could be. I already disabled the Joomla cache and I don't use any 3d party SEF-plugins. I even exported the whole database and search inside it for saved aliases, but I found nothing. I also tested it on standard joomla articles and it works fine, but hikashop products do not
To be able to switch to the correct menu item, I've created canonical URLs for every product, that look like /catalogue/tea/black/{product-alias}. In the menu structure I have submenus for every product category and subcategory. Thus a product with alias "dajerling" would have this canonical URL: /catalogue/tea/black/dajerling. However when I change the alias, url shows no product (not the 404 page, just an empty content). Changing the canonical URL to the same (new) alias leads me to a 404 page. No matter how many times I change the alias, the only working version it the first created. Even if I remove the product with broken alias and create a new one with the same alias or canonical URL, I still get the 404 error
Did someone have this problem? Can this be a server-side problem?
Best regards,
Sergey
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Sergus.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160636
by Sergus
Replied by Sergus on topic Product alias not updating (cached somewhere?)
I was wrong. Even creating new products does not always solve the problem. Sometimes the alias/url gets stuck (=404) right after creating a product... ridiculous behavior!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160664
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product alias not updating (cached somewhere?)
Hi,
This is a common issue with Joomla when the cache system plugin is enabled:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2064119
Please check that you have it turned off via the Joomla plugins manager.
This is a common issue with Joomla when the cache system plugin is enabled:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2064119
Please check that you have it turned off via the Joomla plugins manager.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160714
by Sergus
Replied by Sergus on topic Product alias not updating (cached somewhere?)
Hello Nicolas,
thank you for your reply.
The System Cache Plugin is already disabled. I activated it and deactivated it again and it now seems to work, however only for new aliases. Old aliases still seem to be saved somewhere. I'll test it now and if I find a solution I'll post it here.
Best regards,
Sergey
thank you for your reply.
The System Cache Plugin is already disabled. I activated it and deactivated it again and it now seems to work, however only for new aliases. Old aliases still seem to be saved somewhere. I'll test it now and if I find a solution I'll post it here.
Best regards,
Sergey
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds