Skip to main content

Ordering download files

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #262188 by jazzbird
Replied by jazzbird on topic Ordering download files
I'm taking up here the topic that I mentioned on the other thread, namely:

The download files in the notification email (and download area) are once again totally out of order, displayed in an apparently random manner. I have reported this problem 2.5 years ago and it is STILL not definitively fixed.


Here is the order of the downloads in the confirmation email. Note that these are multiple downloads for one single product:
Code:
Entire Course, Parts I and II (57 lessons) a00-man_and_his_world a10-noah a11-abraham a12-the_patriarchs a13-moses_and_the_exodus a14-israel_in_the_desert a15-conquest_to_kingdom a16-the_davidic_kingdom a17-divided_kingdom_and_prophets a18-the_exile_daniel a19-return_to_zion a01-the_gospel_message a20-messianic_prophecies a21-jesus-infancy_and_preparation a22-jesus-public_ministry a23-jesus-paschal_mystery a24-who_do_you_say_i_am a25-jesus-critical_examination a26-the_trinity a27-incarnation_and_redemption a28-the_holy_spirit a29-pillar_of_fire_pillar_of_truth a02-story_of_salvation a30-second_coming b01-the_church b02-revelation_and_authority b03-peter_and_the_papacy b04-last_things b05-communion_of_saints.pptx b06-mary b07-life_in_messiah b08-sin b09-ten_commandments a03-god b10-salvation_and_justification b11-grace b12-in_his_presence b13-liturgy b14-baptism b15-confirmation b16-the_eucharist b17-the_mass b18-reconciliation b19-anointing_of_the_sick a04-revelation b20-holy_orders b21-human_love_in_divine_revelation b22-matrimony.pptx b23-the_christian_family b24-history_of_the_church b25-israel_and_the_church b26-go_into_all_the_world a05-god_the_father a06-prayer a07-creation a08-man a09-the_fall

I would like the download files to be displayed alphabetically (or by their set order). I would be really grateful if this could be finally fixed without me having to go and hack code in order.php or other files every time I update Hikashop! As far as I can tell it's still not fixed in 3.0.0
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by jazzbird.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #262383 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Ordering download files
Hi,

Please provide:
- a screenshot of the email with the issue
- a screenshot of the settings of the product for that email
- a backend access and FTP access along with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can check your settings and debug if necessary.
Then we can look at the situation and provide a fix if there is indeed a bug.
But one thing on which you're wrong is that the bug mentioned in this thread was fixed. You might have another new bug of HikaShop 3.0.0 which produces a similar problem, but it's not the same bug.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #262492 by jazzbird
Replied by jazzbird on topic Ordering download files
Ok, I'm attaching the screenshots of (a) the email; (b) the download area; (c) the backend of the product (which includes 57 downloadable files)

Some of the issues:

1) Disorganized/random order of the download files (same for both email and download area).

2) Download area:
a) Date/Order at top right of screen are out of line and don't fit in the box
b) Billing address: telephone. Is there a way to hide this so that it doesn't appear on this screen?
c) Product list: in addition to the disorganized listing of the files, the list looks very messy because of the expiration date indicated for each download. Would you please consider adding a setting where we can enable/disable this, instead of having to hack the code in some files?

3) Notification email: All the text is center-aligned, which does not look good. How can I get it to be aligned to the left?
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by jazzbird.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #262582 by jazzbird
Replied by jazzbird on topic Ordering download files
I also sent you login details via your contact form. Any solution?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #262703 by jazzbird
Replied by jazzbird on topic Ordering download files
Hello? Is anyone still following this thread?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #263065 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Ordering download files
Hi,

As I had some time today to look deeper into it, I wanted to access your backend, but when I enter the administrator URL in my browser, I'm getting redirected to the frontend. It seems that you have some kind of protection in place preventing us from accessing it without a special URL. Could you provide it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #263070 by jazzbird
Replied by jazzbird on topic Ordering download files
Ah yes - I apologize. It was a security plugin. I've disabled it so you should be able to access the backend now. Please let me know if it still doesn't work.

AV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #263217 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Ordering download files
Hi,

I've checked today too, but I still have the same problem. I'm getting redirected to the frontend when I try to access the backend URL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #263231 by jazzbird
Replied by jazzbird on topic Ordering download files
Are you sure the site isn't loading from some kind of cache? I just tried it and there is no backend security enabled as far as I can tell. I'll PM you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #263425 by jazzbird
Replied by jazzbird on topic Ordering download files
Any progress?? Are you able to login?

Honestly, do you really need to login to check the problem? I just updated hikashop to the latest version a couple weeks ago, and the problem of disordered download files in notification emails has been going on unresolved for years now. I wish it were finally solved. (Also the issue of the email in the text that is center-aligned rather than left-aligned).
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by jazzbird.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #263540 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Ordering download files
Hi,

There was indeed a caching issue with my browser. Sorry for that.
We do need to login in order to check on the problem as we're not able to reproduce it on our end.
And I've actually tried to login with the access you provided but it didn't work: monosnap.com/file/PcdDeEH97ch6Jyoa0yw1QLUQjvt5Eb
Could you double check please ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #263561 by jazzbird
Replied by jazzbird on topic Ordering download files
That's strange. I've just reset the password and emailed you the login details. Hopefully it will work now. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #263565 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Ordering download files
Hi,

Thanks. I was finally able to access the backend and found the issue.
I've added a fix on our end. Download again the install package on our website and install it on yours and that will fix the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #263588 by jazzbird
Replied by jazzbird on topic Ordering download files
Great! I see that the download file order is indeed finally fixed, both in the notification email and in the download area of the website. Thank you!

Two minor issues remain unresolved:

a) The problem of the text that is center aligned (instead of left-aligned) in the notification email (see screenshot in one of my previous posts)
b) The issue of having the expiration date/time after every download file in the download area: "Until the 2017-03-29 15:46"
>>>First, the grammar is incorrect in English; there should be no article "the"
>>>Second, it would be great if the user could disable this information (via some hikashop setting, without having to hack some code), as it really clutters the display.

Thanks again for your support.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by jazzbird.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #263673 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Ordering download files
Hi,

a - Please use a dedicated thread for that issue which is not related to the current topic "ordering download files".

b - The translation looks fine in our side:
Code:
UNTIL_THE_DATE="Until %s"
Please be sure to have a language file up-to-date and you can also perform a override to change the text or do not display the information :
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #263705 by jazzbird
Replied by jazzbird on topic Ordering download files
Ok thanks, I've started a new thread dealing with the first issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum