- Posts: 44
- Thank you received: 2
Images not always displayed
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #164288
by praes
Images not always displayed was created by praes
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome, Safari, both latest builds
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message none
Hi,
I'm facing a weird issue which really confuses me. It seems some views do not have full access to the ../uploads/.. folder. In that case, my placeholder (normally used for missing images) is rendered instead of the product image (screen dump 1). However, in other views the images are rendered for the very same product (screen dump 2). Images are also visible in the admin panel of HikaShop (screen dump 3).
Do you have any clues on this? Chrome dev tools returned a 403 error (forbidden) while folder permissions are set to 755.
Site is currently not public available. If needed I can grant you access via mail.
Regards, Jelger
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome, Safari, both latest builds
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message none
Hi,
I'm facing a weird issue which really confuses me. It seems some views do not have full access to the ../uploads/.. folder. In that case, my placeholder (normally used for missing images) is rendered instead of the product image (screen dump 1). However, in other views the images are rendered for the very same product (screen dump 2). Images are also visible in the admin panel of HikaShop (screen dump 3).
Do you have any clues on this? Chrome dev tools returned a 403 error (forbidden) while folder permissions are set to 755.
Site is currently not public available. If needed I can grant you access via mail.
Regards, Jelger
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by praes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #164307
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Images not always displayed
Hi,
It looks like a writing permission problem for thumbnails.
Please check that the "thumbnails" folder is accessible and that his sub folder are writable too.
Regards,
It looks like a writing permission problem for thumbnails.
Please check that the "thumbnails" folder is accessible and that his sub folder are writable too.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #164343
by praes
Replied by praes on topic Images not always displayed
Hi Jerome,
Thanks for thinking along. But I'm pretty sure it's not related to folder permissions. Have double checked the permissions. Nothing wrong with that (have even tested 777, same story). Besides of that, thumbs are created te way it should. They're all present in the sub folders of 'thumbnails'. And as you can see in screen dump 2 those thumbs are accessible too. Even images for categories and vendors are displayed well.
Finally, I have disabled my template overrides to make sure that they're not the source of my misery. Problem still persists.
Regards, Jelger
Thanks for thinking along. But I'm pretty sure it's not related to folder permissions. Have double checked the permissions. Nothing wrong with that (have even tested 777, same story). Besides of that, thumbs are created te way it should. They're all present in the sub folders of 'thumbnails'. And as you can see in screen dump 2 those thumbs are accessible too. Even images for categories and vendors are displayed well.
Finally, I have disabled my template overrides to make sure that they're not the source of my misery. Problem still persists.
Regards, Jelger
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #164350
by praes
Replied by praes on topic Images not always displayed
Ok, fixed.
Updating HikaShop from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 did the trick. Although I don't understand why...
I'm now really sure it wasn't a permissions problem since nothing has changed there...
Best, jelger
Updating HikaShop from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 did the trick. Although I don't understand why...
I'm now really sure it wasn't a permissions problem since nothing has changed there...
Best, jelger
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds