- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
Options ?
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 2 months ago #166047
by reedstickets
Options ? was created by reedstickets
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
casesmithcustoms.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
I have a ton of different options for each of my products which does not work with the free Hikashop, it seems to get overloaded and also take me forever to even begin to add all of them..
If I get the business upgrade would it be able to handle say:
20 different color options , some with different pricing
4 different hardware color options
5 different handle options
5 different vertical size options
2 different depth sizes
Is there a quick , easy and functional way to accomplish this?
Thanks for any help
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
I have a ton of different options for each of my products which does not work with the free Hikashop, it seems to get overloaded and also take me forever to even begin to add all of them..
If I get the business upgrade would it be able to handle say:
20 different color options , some with different pricing
4 different hardware color options
5 different handle options
5 different vertical size options
2 different depth sizes
Is there a quick , easy and functional way to accomplish this?
Thanks for any help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #166120
by Xavier
Hi,
Using Starter or Business edition will not make changes in this case.
Are you really using options ?
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...ct-form.html#options
Or variants ?
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...html#characteristics
Because in your case, I recommend the options. Using a lot of variants require many request, so it takes time.
The option require less charge on the server.
Depending on your needs, you can potentially use the custom fields too, if there is no price variations, etc.
The custom fields are available in the business edition and don't consume resources like the variants.
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...shop-field-form.html
Using Starter or Business edition will not make changes in this case.
Are you really using options ?
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...ct-form.html#options
Or variants ?
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...html#characteristics
Because in your case, I recommend the options. Using a lot of variants require many request, so it takes time.
The option require less charge on the server.
Depending on your needs, you can potentially use the custom fields too, if there is no price variations, etc.
The custom fields are available in the business edition and don't consume resources like the variants.
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...shop-field-form.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #166138
by reedstickets
Replied by reedstickets on topic Options ?
Hi,
Thanks for the reply...
I am using variants but it does not work well for me.. so I am wondering if I buy the business addition if the use of options with variants will resolve the problems and work for me?
Thanks
Thanks for the reply...
I am using variants but it does not work well for me.. so I am wondering if I buy the business addition if the use of options with variants will resolve the problems and work for me?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #166143
by nicolas
Hi,
As Xavier said, using options and custom fields can allow you to handle many choices, even more than what you need. The thing though is that options and custom fields are different than caracteristics.
The caracteristics system creates one variant of the product for each combination of values of the caracteristics (which amounts to a lot of data and thus the crashes on your server). Options and custom fields don't work like that and thus you won't get the issue. But then you can't assign one price for each combination. With options you can set the price of each choice and it adds up to the base price of the product. With custom fields, you can't change the price. Of course, you can have a combination of characteristics, options and custom fields on your products based on your needs, so I guess that it will resolve the problem if you use the Business edition since you'll be able to replace some of the characteristics with options/custom fields.
As Xavier said, using options and custom fields can allow you to handle many choices, even more than what you need. The thing though is that options and custom fields are different than caracteristics.
The caracteristics system creates one variant of the product for each combination of values of the caracteristics (which amounts to a lot of data and thus the crashes on your server). Options and custom fields don't work like that and thus you won't get the issue. But then you can't assign one price for each combination. With options you can set the price of each choice and it adds up to the base price of the product. With custom fields, you can't change the price. Of course, you can have a combination of characteristics, options and custom fields on your products based on your needs, so I guess that it will resolve the problem if you use the Business edition since you'll be able to replace some of the characteristics with options/custom fields.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #168340
by reedstickets
Replied by reedstickets on topic Options ?
Hi,
Thanks again for all the help..
do I need business edition for the options/customs fields and pricing add ups for the product or does "essential" handle it all as well?
If so, if I was to buy the essential and decide I want business is it upgradable at the price difference?
Thanks
Thanks again for all the help..
do I need business edition for the options/customs fields and pricing add ups for the product or does "essential" handle it all as well?
If so, if I was to buy the essential and decide I want business is it upgradable at the price difference?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168363
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Hi,
Every HikaShop editions handle options, so you can do it usng HikaShop starter too.
For "product custom fields", you need HikaShop essential or HikaShop business.
You can upgrade from Essential to Business, the product page is in the "Extensions" menu, on the bottom right.
www.hikashop.com/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html
(and yes, it's the price difference for the upgrade).
Regards,
Every HikaShop editions handle options, so you can do it usng HikaShop starter too.
For "product custom fields", you need HikaShop essential or HikaShop business.
You can upgrade from Essential to Business, the product page is in the "Extensions" menu, on the bottom right.
www.hikashop.com/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html
(and yes, it's the price difference for the upgrade).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds