- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Product description not showing
- spidergraham
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 2 months ago #166320
by spidergraham
Product description not showing was created by spidergraham
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.spidergraham.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 30.0
Hi Folks:
I'm definitely a Hikashop newbie but trying something that I hoped would be fairly straight forward. I have 4 products that I'm displaying in a table format. The name of the products shows (in this case they are workshops) but I had expected the product description to also show up in the product list. It appears just fine when the product is clicked on but I would really like to have a brief product description appear below each of the products names?
As far as I can tell I have the toggles set correctly but I'm getting no love. Any thoughts of what I'm doing wrong?
Spider
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 30.0
Hi Folks:
I'm definitely a Hikashop newbie but trying something that I hoped would be fairly straight forward. I have 4 products that I'm displaying in a table format. The name of the products shows (in this case they are workshops) but I had expected the product description to also show up in the product list. It appears just fine when the product is clicked on but I would really like to have a brief product description appear below each of the products names?
As far as I can tell I have the toggles set correctly but I'm getting no love. Any thoughts of what I'm doing wrong?
Spider
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #166364
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product description not showing
Hi,
There is no option to add the description on the table listing.
You'll need to add such code in the file "listing_table" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views:
<?php echo echo $this->row->product_description; ?>
For example, you can add it after:
<?php if(!empty($this->row->extraData->afterProductName)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->row->extraData->afterProductName); } ?>
if you want it after the product name.
There is no option to add the description on the table listing.
You'll need to add such code in the file "listing_table" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views:
<?php echo echo $this->row->product_description; ?>
For example, you can add it after:
<?php if(!empty($this->row->extraData->afterProductName)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->row->extraData->afterProductName); } ?>
if you want it after the product name.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds