Skip to main content

Remove 'component/hikashop/' from url

More
12 years 1 month ago #167318 by onyc
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 2.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 2.5.14
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Remove 'component/hikashop/' from url

I would like to have HikaShop's product URL as:
http://mysite/category/66-virgin-straight-1b

instead of:
http://mysite/component/hikashop/category/66-virgin-straight-1b?Itemid=387

remove 'component/hikashop/' from url

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #167337 by nicolas
Hi,

This indicates that in the "menu" option of the products listing module which displayed the product page link on which you clicked, you have selected the menu item with the id 387 which is not a hikashop menu item (and thus joomla has to keep component/hikashop in the URL in order to know which component has to display the page).
Make sure that you select a products listing menu item in that option that you can find when you edit your module via the menu Display->content modules of HikaShop and you won't have the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: onyc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #167391 by onyc
Hi nicolas ,thanks for the reply

Can you explain by giving some example

url - onychair.uk/component/hikashop/category/...raight-1b?Itemid=387

I am using maximenu (purchased from here :http://www.joomlack.fr/en/joomla-extensions/maximenu-ck)
and after that install Patch Maximenu - Hikashop (purchased from here :http://www.joomlack.fr/en/joomla-extension-maximenu/patch-maximenu-hikashop) to display hikashop categories.


Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #167460 by Jerome
Hi,

Joomla have a menu system which use ItemId to indicate the selected menu.
Thanks to this menu, you can have a nice SEF url.

If you are using a menu Itemid which does not feet to the rest of the request (like calling an HikaShop url with a menu which is not related to HikaShop), the url won't be SEF nicely because Joomla won't be able to link the two elements.

It is your case and that is what Nicolas told you in his previous message.

Please check the configuration of your menu "387" and make the appropriate modifications (change the menu used in maximenu, or change the configuration of the menu "387").

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #219601 by SuX
But where is located the "product listing module"?
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by SuX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #219614 by Jerome
Hi,

What "product listing mode" ?
There is no mention of any "product listing mode" in that thread ; there is no "product listing mode" in HikaShop either.

If you have issues with your SEF url ; please check your HikaShop SEF configuratino and also your Joomla menus.
When an URL contains "components/hikashop/" it is generally because the link has been generated without any Joomla menu (or with a Joomla menu for another component than HikaShop).

If your link is provided by a menu ; you have to edit the Joomla module configuration to specify which Joomla menu you want to use for the URL generation.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #219713 by SuX
Are you sure?

Hi,

This indicates that in the "menu" option of the products listing module which displayed the product page link on which you clicked, you have selected the menu item with the id 387 which is not a hikashop menu item (and thus joomla has to keep component/hikashop in the URL in order to know which component has to display the page).
Make sure that you select a products listing menu item in that option that you can find when you edit your module via the menu Display->content modules of HikaShop and you won't have the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #219714 by SuX
No.

My URL contain .../component/hikashop/...
Aven though I've enabled the "content menu module" I get always ../component/hikashoop/... and I don't know why.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #219807 by nicolas
Hi,

Yes, we are sure that this is the cause of the problem. Once you fix that, you might still have the problem if you had activated the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration and that you had the system fill the canonical URLs of your products with the wrong URLs because the menu item wasn't right before.
So make sure that this option is turned off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #219809 by SuX

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Yes, we are sure that this is the cause of the problem. Once you fix that, you might still have the problem if you had activated the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration and that you had the system fill the canonical URLs of your products with the wrong URLs because the menu item wasn't right before.
So make sure that this option is turned off.


I set "Force canonical URLs on listings" = NO, generate the URL

but now I displayed an URL like:
website.com/en/hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing/product/test.html

I have not any left or right menu. I have just enabled the "Content Menu" and once I select a product I see an address like that. How can I remove "hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing"?
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by SuX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #219846 by nicolas
It's the alias of your menu item.
You can change it via the Joomla menu manager when you edit that menu item there.
If you want to remove it completely, the only solution is to make it as the default menu item of your website. That way, Joomla doesn't need the alias in the URL.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #220191 by SuX

nicolas wrote: It's the alias of your menu item.
You can change it via the Joomla menu manager when you edit that menu item there.
If you want to remove it completely, the only solution is to make it as the default menu item of your website. That way, Joomla doesn't need the alias in the URL.



Maybe there is a misunderstanding.

In Extension-->Module management I have only:

HikaShop Cart Module Cart
HikaShop Content Module
HikaShop Currency Switcher Module

I don't have any left menu/right menu or any other product menu, because when I enabled HIKASHOP CONTENT MENU, I can choose directly the product in the content area.

How can I change the alias and change ".../hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing/...". from the URL ?
You answered: "you can change it via the Joomla menu manager when you edit that menu item there. Which "menu item"? I have not any menu item.


It seems so hard.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by SuX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220194 by SuX
If I understood, If I want to obtain a friendly URL, I'm forced to use Left/Right Hikashop Module Menu? Bad.
So I am unable to use only the content area such as product/main menu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220285 by nicolas
Hi,

No you didn't understand correctly.
If the URLs have the alias hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing in them, it means that you have a menu item with that alias.
It's not possible otherwise.
So please go in the Joomla menu manager, search for that menu item in all your menus and edit it and change its alias.

There is nothing hard. It's just what I already told you in my previous message.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280748 by ChristopheMG
Hi,

I have the same problem, I use Hikamarket and when a user create a new product, the URL contains ".../component/hikashop/product/135-..."
What should I do to have something like ".../perso/..." ? Even not the ID if possible?

In Hikashop > Configuration, Force canonical URLs on listings is "No, generate the URLs"
In Hikashop > Configuration > Display > Type of content: Product; Use content heading instead of category name for the title: No; Content on product page: In the same categories.
I do see a menu "Shop" in Menus > HikaShop default menus

Best,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280765 by nicolas
Hi,

The question is how you access your products on your website ?
Normally, you're supposed to create a new menu item of the type "HikaShop products listing", or "HikaShop categories listing" via the Joomla menu manager, or use one we already provide by default. If you do, then you won't have component/hikashop in the URL.
Joomla adds that to the URL only because you're missing something in the way you're displaying the products.
Please provide more information, like a link to the page where you have that link and then we can tell you what you're missing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280809 by ChristopheMG
Hi Nicolas,

I just sent an email to the Hikashop Team with the access...

Let me know and I will update this post with the solution,

Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280816 by nicolas
Hi,

So from your message, you're using My Maps location in order to access your products.
In that case, it's the role of My Maps location to generate the link to the product page.
To remove the component/hikashop part of the URL, the only solution is to have a Itemid parameter in the non SEFed URL generated so that when Joomla process the SEF URL, it takes that parameter, look for a menu item with that id, and replace component/hikashop by the alias of that menu item (the menu item needs to be of one of the types of the HikaShop component, like a products listing, a categories listing, etc).
So then, for that to work, My Maps location needs to have a setting where you can specify that menu item (or its id) so that it can use it, or it can use one randomly.
Since the replacement is not done on your website, it means that either there is this menu item setting in My Maps location and you didn't configure it, or there isn't and this is something that should be fixed in My Maps location as there should always be an Itemid added to the URLs generated on a Joomla website frontend.

So the solution here is to contact the support of that extension so that they can tell you what to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopheMG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280847 by ChristopheMG
Thank you Nicolas,

In the Configuration of My Maps Location, I see a "Global menu Option -
Use the menu option to link the menu to redirect the link to sef url of extension page."
I tried to point/target to the Hikashop product listing menu (default shop) or a Hikashop product page I created in Hidden menu, no success, I contacted their support.

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum