- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
Only one product in category is shown
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29-1~dotdeb.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
Hi, I have been reading the guide, but I really cannot make it work.
I have created a product that belongs to a category and I have created a menu item that shows the list of products (products listing).
The product appeared perfectly in the site.
Yesterday I added another product in the same category that is being shown through the menu item, but it doesn't appear in the website.
I have been playing with all the hierarchies settings in both the menu options for the products listings and the module that contains the products, but all I was able to obtain was that no products were shown in the website.
I have no clue how to set things up so that the products added in the category shown through the menu items, go automatically online.
Thanks in advance for the support.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If I go in the products manager and click on the category with two products I can see both, if I create a product page menu with that product it appears, but as soon as I create the products list menu, only one of the two products in the category appears... I am literally lost
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Products are displayed automatically on products listings. There is nothing particular to do for that.
Here are the reasons I can think of which would lead to the product not displaying:
- you set a quantity of 0 or a sale start date in the future or a sale end date in the past for the product.
- you unpublished the product.
- you have your product in a different category and your shop is not setup to display the products of that category.
- you configured the options of your listing to only display 1 product.
So I would recommend to check on these points
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have checked everything, I really cannot find anything wrong. I have attached the images of my settings.
This is the product that doesn't appear unless I unpublish the older one:
This is the category display for the two products:
And this are the settings through the menu item:
I don't see anything wrong, but I am surely wrong.
However, with these settings only the lower id article appears (id 3 in my case). If I unpublish it, I can see the id 4 product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can only enter an integer in that field.
So the system actually converts it into an integer and when it does that, if its a text, it gets converted to 1.
Thus, that's why you only see one product.
If you want all the products, leave the field empty as it is by default or enter a big value in it.
Best regards,
Nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I do not remember to have set that to all myself, I think it was a default setting when I created the menu item (maybe worth have a look if hika sets it to all by default).
I have it on two different menu items and one was exactly with its default setting so I suppose I did not do it (even if I cannot exclude it 100%)
I also tried to leave it empty, but it does not work. I set it to 10 so far and finally the second item appeared
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
No one else has had the problem and we don't see 'all' either on our end, so it do seem like something that was added by you or someone else on your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Where should I check exactly in the configuration in order to prevent this from happening?
Thanks in advance
Screencast of my issue
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just check the option "number of items" in the configuration of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
even our product has more than 1 quantity .
The "field number of item "define the setting for limit the number of selectable items ?
does thisis field exist also in Hikashop configuration setting ?
does this configuration show in client side for quantity the value 1 or the real quantity ( even not available)?
Is there in the documentation for each object type like article the default value take by
all the fields when none have been set ( even if all users can test by themselves ...in C language it refer to initialisation rather than affectation ) .
what ll be the behaviour of hikashop if the number of item is set to 10 if the total of product is 15 ?
the 5 ll not display ? . Is there a relation beetween variant number and item display ?
there is no logic to show many time same identic product photo !!
color => 2 items choices
color +size => 2*2=4 items choices
color +size +option1 => 2*2*2=8 items choices
regard's
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.