- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Characteristics not Working - Worked Previously.
- sacrificeind
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 1 week ago #173004
by sacrificeind
Characteristics not Working - Worked Previously. was created by sacrificeind
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
sacrificeindustries.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : I have discovered that my Characteristics (SELECT SIZE) is not working.
When You select a size the whole area goes blank, except for the product name.
This renders my Online Store useless & explains why I am not getting sales after a lot of promotions etc.
This did work when building website & during testing / solving PayPal issues.
I have discovered that my Characteristics (SELECT SIZE) is not working.
When You select a size the whole area goes blank, except for the product name.
This renders my Online Store useless & explains why I am not getting sales after a lot of promotions etc.
This did work when building website & during testing / solving PayPal issues.
Any help would be appreciated.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : I have discovered that my Characteristics (SELECT SIZE) is not working.
When You select a size the whole area goes blank, except for the product name.
This renders my Online Store useless & explains why I am not getting sales after a lot of promotions etc.
This did work when building website & during testing / solving PayPal issues.
I have discovered that my Characteristics (SELECT SIZE) is not working.
When You select a size the whole area goes blank, except for the product name.
This renders my Online Store useless & explains why I am not getting sales after a lot of promotions etc.
This did work when building website & during testing / solving PayPal issues.
Any help would be appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 week ago #173049
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristics not Working - Worked Previously.
Hi,
This happens because the HTML of the right area is inside the description area which is refreshed when you change the selection of the characteristic.
This can have two causes:
1. In your product description, you have invalid HTML which breaks the page structure.
2. You (or your template developer/designer) customized the product page layout in a wrong way which creates invalid HTML on the product page.
So the problem is not in HikaShop. One simple thing you can do is to edit your show_default view file via the menu Display->Views (I suppose that it's the one that was customized and that you're using on your product pages), and change the text hikashop_product_description_main (2 of them) to something else so that the characteristic refreshing system won't find the description main area and thus won't refresh it.
But I would recommend to contact your developer/designer if you're not the one who did the customization on your product page as it might require a more complex modification.
This happens because the HTML of the right area is inside the description area which is refreshed when you change the selection of the characteristic.
This can have two causes:
1. In your product description, you have invalid HTML which breaks the page structure.
2. You (or your template developer/designer) customized the product page layout in a wrong way which creates invalid HTML on the product page.
So the problem is not in HikaShop. One simple thing you can do is to edit your show_default view file via the menu Display->Views (I suppose that it's the one that was customized and that you're using on your product pages), and change the text hikashop_product_description_main (2 of them) to something else so that the characteristic refreshing system won't find the description main area and thus won't refresh it.
But I would recommend to contact your developer/designer if you're not the one who did the customization on your product page as it might require a more complex modification.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds