- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Products with a number [0-9] as first character
11 years 11 months ago #176018
by dmz006
Products with a number [0-9] as first character was created by dmz006
-- HikaShop version -- : 1405141023
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox / chrome / IE
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Cannot display product
I was recently having a problem with new products not displaying in the catalog that upon further testing found out that if the product name started with a number, then the auto-created alias would have have the number first which caused some internal problem as when I tried to view the product in the catalog hikashop would say that the product could not be found.
For example, the product name set set was: 6 Mahogany English Chippendale Chairs
which created the alias: 6-mahogany-english-chippendale-chairs
And when browsing the store as a user, when I clicked on the alias /6-mahogany-english-chippendale-chairs, it would go to the product page and then say "Product not found".
If I updated the alias to not have the number in the beginning the error went away.
Thank you
David
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox / chrome / IE
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Cannot display product
I was recently having a problem with new products not displaying in the catalog that upon further testing found out that if the product name started with a number, then the auto-created alias would have have the number first which caused some internal problem as when I tried to view the product in the catalog hikashop would say that the product could not be found.
For example, the product name set set was: 6 Mahogany English Chippendale Chairs
which created the alias: 6-mahogany-english-chippendale-chairs
And when browsing the store as a user, when I clicked on the alias /6-mahogany-english-chippendale-chairs, it would go to the product page and then say "Product not found".
If I updated the alias to not have the number in the beginning the error went away.
Thank you
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176051
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Products with a number [0-9] as first character
Hi,
Yes, exactly. The aliases have to start with a letter, not a number.
We'll add a check in next version to make sure than when automatically generated it doesn't happen.
Yes, exactly. The aliases have to start with a letter, not a number.
We'll add a check in next version to make sure than when automatically generated it doesn't happen.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #230184
by trevsmiff
Replied by trevsmiff on topic Products with a number [0-9] as first character
I am rebuilding a site and imported data from Virtuemart. All went well but some products with names starting with a number were not displayed. Perhaps the checking is not done when importing? There weren't too many so I edited them in the database by add a 'p' in front of the alias.
There were also some categories that were not working and on inspection the alias was missing. I couldn't see the reason for this.
Best regards
Trevor
There were also some categories that were not working and on inspection the alias was missing. I couldn't see the reason for this.
Best regards
Trevor
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by trevsmiff. Reason: Update
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230227
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Products with a number [0-9] as first character
Hi,
The check is not done when importing yes.
The check is not done when importing yes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds