Missing "Next Page" and "Previous Page" arrows
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome & Internet Explorer 11
Ok, I just pushed my test site over to my live site, and I just noticed something...
When on the following link...
ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/shoppin.../13-battlemechs.html
You'll notice...there's no "Next Page" or "Previous Page" arrows. Is this a "template" issue, which if I'm correct it is, or a HikaShop issue?
If it's HikaShop related...could someone please help me get these back? I am using the same template I was back when I was on Joomla 2.5.57...but I had to install a new version that is compatiable with Joomla 3.3.6.
The arrows were there before I updated to Joomla 3.3.6 & the Joomlage.com Designcanvas Template that is compatible for the new Joomla.
Thanks!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
On that page, you have 18 products for the listing and the pagination is set to 20 so that's why there is only one page and thus no next/previous.
If you edit your listing menu via the menu Display>Content menus, there should be two "number of items" option there. One for the categories, and one for the products. If you set a smaller number than the total number of items in that field, you should get the next/previous buttons displayed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You're right, I was too fast in my analysis.
The it probably comes from a pagination override of your template. Switch your template to the default one of joomla temporarily and you will probably see the full pagination.
The best in that case would be to contact your template provider for help, but you can also go in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/ and rename the file pagination.php to something else in order to deactivate the pagination override of the template.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I'll look in to doing this tomorrow when I'm home. I've also got a support request with the template maker, just waiting for them to log in & figure out what happened.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Is there any downfall to NOT using their pagination.php file? I didn't see anything go wrong when doing this, and it cured my site of the numerous errors showing.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There must be a reason that they did their pagination override like this.
I guess you'll have to wait their answer for that, but if it works without the override for HikaShop, then you're probably ok with leaving it like this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
As a side note, do you have any experience, or anything to say, about the support from RocketTheme? I've been looking around for a new template company...and they have some really good ones, but I cannot access their support forums as I have not purchased a template from them...yet.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've never used a RocketTheme template though and I'm only talking about what I saw on our customers websites when checking out bugs so I might have a biased vision and I've never used their support forum either so can't say anything on that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
I am having the same problem - I have a category with 88 products. I have set the module to display 30 products. on the front end there are no next or previous page arrows.
I have looked for a pagination.php file in the template manager-edit html section of my site but could not find the file.
any help would be much appreciated.
Tanya
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
nicolas wrote: ...you can also go in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/ and rename the file pagination.php to something else in order to deactivate the pagination override of the template.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you give us more informations about your website ?
Like an url to a page with the problem, the Joomla and HikaShop versions, template used (temlate provider, etc).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.