- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 4
Change in layout after ugrade
- av.opticom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 11 months ago #176262
by av.opticom
Change in layout after ugrade was created by av.opticom
-- url of the page with the problem -- : localhost
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 33.0
After upgrading to the most recent version and without changing any product page or image parameters, the layout of content on a product page has changed quite a bit.
Previously the description was entirely below the main image and thumbnails of additional images, and it spanned the whole region below the images and product details (price, add to cart and variants if available). Now the description starts to the right of the images and below the product details, then continues flush left if there is a lot of text. As well, the images in the selection row are now the same size as the main image.
I would like to change things so that the layout is the same as before.
Also how do I make the quantity field box smaller (as in the "before" photo)?
Thanks.
Dave
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 33.0
After upgrading to the most recent version and without changing any product page or image parameters, the layout of content on a product page has changed quite a bit.
Previously the description was entirely below the main image and thumbnails of additional images, and it spanned the whole region below the images and product details (price, add to cart and variants if available). Now the description starts to the right of the images and below the product details, then continues flush left if there is a lot of text. As well, the images in the selection row are now the same size as the main image.
I would like to change things so that the layout is the same as before.
Also how do I make the quantity field box smaller (as in the "before" photo)?
Thanks.
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176285
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Change in layout after ugrade
Hi,
I don't think that it has anything to do with the update of HikaShop since both of your questions relate to the customization of the display either done by yourself or your Joomla template.
Especially the width of the quantity box going 100% of the width available is something typical of templates which blindly add a width:100% CSS rule to all the inputs of the frontend.
Unfortunately, as your website is not online, I cannot look at the CSS/HTML of the page with firebug and tell you from where these issues come from exactly.
I don't think that it has anything to do with the update of HikaShop since both of your questions relate to the customization of the display either done by yourself or your Joomla template.
Especially the width of the quantity box going 100% of the width available is something typical of templates which blindly add a width:100% CSS rule to all the inputs of the frontend.
Unfortunately, as your website is not online, I cannot look at the CSS/HTML of the page with firebug and tell you from where these issues come from exactly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- av.opticom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 4
11 years 11 months ago #176357
by av.opticom
Replied by av.opticom on topic Change in layout after ugrade
Hi Nicolas,
I can't find or think of anything else that it could be since nothing has changed except the version of Hikashop. The template is the same, there are no customizations in product view files, and I removed an obsolete customization related to images on products listing pages, which did not resolve the problem.
I've put the current version online. I'd appreciate it if you could take a look. Thanks.
Dave
Product page in previous images:
c2g.avopticom.ca/index.php/shop-cheese/s...uct/291-bella-vitano
I can't find or think of anything else that it could be since nothing has changed except the version of Hikashop. The template is the same, there are no customizations in product view files, and I removed an obsolete customization related to images on products listing pages, which did not resolve the problem.
I've put the current version online. I'd appreciate it if you could take a look. Thanks.
Dave
Product page in previous images:
c2g.avopticom.ca/index.php/shop-cheese/s...uct/291-bella-vitano
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176380
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Change in layout after ugrade
Hi,
So regarding the width of the quantity box, you're missing the CSS code:
that CSS is by default in Hikashop in the frontend default CSS file but not in your frontend custom CSS file.
Similarily, for the product description, you're missing that CSS which is by default in the frontend CSS of HikaShop:
So regarding the width of the quantity box, you're missing the CSS code:
Code:
.hikashop_product_quantity_field{
width:25px;
}
Similarily, for the product description, you're missing that CSS which is by default in the frontend CSS of HikaShop:
Code:
.hikashop_product_bottom_part{
clear:both;
width:100%;
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- av.opticom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 4
11 years 11 months ago #176497
by av.opticom
Replied by av.opticom on topic Change in layout after ugrade
Excellent! Thanks.
One more question: how can I change the size of the hover photos (in the row below the clickable one) independently of the others. If I change the settings in Configuration > Main > Images, all images change size. Previously the hover photos were considerably smaller.
Dave
One more question: how can I change the size of the hover photos (in the row below the clickable one) independently of the others. If I change the settings in Configuration > Main > Images, all images change size. Previously the hover photos were considerably smaller.
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176512
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Change in layout after ugrade
Hi,
That's also because you're missing somes CSS which is by default in HikaShop:
I don't know what you did with the CSS but you should not have these issues.
That's also because you're missing somes CSS which is by default in HikaShop:
Code:
img.hikashop_child_image{
margin : 2px;
height:25px;
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- av.opticom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 4
11 years 11 months ago #176645
by av.opticom
Replied by av.opticom on topic Change in layout after ugrade
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks again for your quick replies.
As I mentioned in my original post, all the above issues started immediately with the upgrade to HS 2.3.3. I had not made any changes to HS CSS or to the template.
Is there any way that I can check to see if other default settings are missing?
Dave
Thanks again for your quick replies.
As I mentioned in my original post, all the above issues started immediately with the upgrade to HS 2.3.3. I had not made any changes to HS CSS or to the template.
Is there any way that I can check to see if other default settings are missing?
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176648
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Change in layout after ugrade
Hi,
I don't think there is a way for that apart looking each views.
If you have no overrides, you can potentially try to update your hikashop version, there was maybe broken content in the css file.
I don't think there is a way for that apart looking each views.
If you have no overrides, you can potentially try to update your hikashop version, there was maybe broken content in the css file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds