- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
Adding extra product view layouts (product detail)
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 11 months ago #176527
by simonbornhoft
Adding extra product view layouts (product detail) was created by simonbornhoft
I have a clients that needs several different layouts for the product detail pages. I have already customised the layout on the existing options, but need more.
How do I add new views so that they appear in the list of product page layout options for categories and individual products?
How do I add new views so that they appear in the list of product page layout options for categories and individual products?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176544
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Adding extra product view layouts (product detail)
Hi,
When you edit the "show_default" product page view, you can change his name ; it will allow you to create a new "show" view and have a new product page layout (which will be listed in the page layouts in the products/categories configuration).
Regards,
When you edit the "show_default" product page view, you can change his name ; it will allow you to create a new "show" view and have a new product page layout (which will be listed in the page layouts in the products/categories configuration).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #176587
by simonbornhoft
Replied by simonbornhoft on topic Adding extra product view layouts (product detail)
Thanks Jerome.
I'll give it a try this morning.
Presumably, once it's created I can use the standard template override method to edit the code in the IDE I use?
I'll give it a try this morning.
Presumably, once it's created I can use the standard template override method to edit the code in the IDE I use?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #176593
by simonbornhoft
Replied by simonbornhoft on topic Adding extra product view layouts (product detail)
That doesn't seem to work. Well, for me at the moment, anyway 
Here's what I did:
1. Went to Components > Hikashop > Display > Views
2. Opened show_default.php
3. Made a small edit
4. Saved it as show_holidays.php
5. Went to the product concerned and looked at the 'Layout on Product Page' options.
Still the same 3 options in the list along with 'Inherited'.
I then tried adding a show_holidays.php to the template overrides in my templates html folder and still nothing.
Any other suggestions? or have I missed something?
Cheers
Keith
Here's what I did:
1. Went to Components > Hikashop > Display > Views
2. Opened show_default.php
3. Made a small edit
4. Saved it as show_holidays.php
5. Went to the product concerned and looked at the 'Layout on Product Page' options.
Still the same 3 options in the list along with 'Inherited'.
I then tried adding a show_holidays.php to the template overrides in my templates html folder and still nothing.
Any other suggestions? or have I missed something?
Cheers
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176595
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Adding extra product view layouts (product detail)
Hi,
I just tried the same steps on my local to be sure, and it's working like a charm.
Please check the folder permissions for your template folder and its sub folders.
And I confirm that once this work, you can directly edit the files in the template folder via your IDE.
I just tried the same steps on my local to be sure, and it's working like a charm.
Please check the folder permissions for your template folder and its sub folders.
And I confirm that once this work, you can directly edit the files in the template folder via your IDE.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #176715
by simonbornhoft
Replied by simonbornhoft on topic Adding extra product view layouts (product detail)
hi Xavier,
Thanks for checking. it's still not working for me.
I see the new view (show_holidays.php) in the database. But it doesn't show up as an option in the 'Layout for Product Page' dropdown for either individual products or categories.
Is there anything specific that has to be in the code to make it show up there?
Thanks
Keith
Thanks for checking. it's still not working for me.
I see the new view (show_holidays.php) in the database. But it doesn't show up as an option in the 'Layout for Product Page' dropdown for either individual products or categories.
Is there anything specific that has to be in the code to make it show up there?
Thanks
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176720
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Adding extra product view layouts (product detail)
Hi,
I checked your website but when I try to access the file
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
it seems that the file doesn't exist. So you must have created it for another template that the template you're using on your frontend which would explain why it doesn't work.
There is no code to change in order to make it show up there.
I checked your website but when I try to access the file
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
it seems that the file doesn't exist. So you must have created it for another template that the template you're using on your frontend which would explain why it doesn't work.
There is no code to change in order to make it show up there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #176781
by simonbornhoft
Replied by simonbornhoft on topic Adding extra product view layouts (product detail)
Ni Nicolas,
Sorry it's on a development version of the site. If you don't mind taking a quick look I'll PM you the url and admin access credentials.
Many thanks
Keith
Sorry it's on a development version of the site. If you don't mind taking a quick look I'll PM you the url and admin access credentials.
Many thanks
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176824
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Adding extra product view layouts (product detail)
Hi,
Please use our contact form then and provide a link to the backend, a link to this thread, and a user account to access it and we can check your settings:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please use our contact form then and provide a link to the backend, a link to this thread, and a user account to access it and we can check your settings:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds