- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 2
Characteristic value limitation?
11 years 10 months ago #178512
by Head
Characteristic value limitation? was created by Head
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
Hi.
I have a Characteristic "color" with 305 values. There is no problem about handling, and automatic variant generation is disabled. We will handle the variants mostly with the import functionality.
Now about the problem. When I try to add that characteristic to a test product I get the screen that you can see on the attached images.
The characteristic is not added to the product. If I remove some of the values (about 50 - 100) it works normaly. I'm about to finish that project (finaly), and I need this working to do the import of the products.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
Hi.
I have a Characteristic "color" with 305 values. There is no problem about handling, and automatic variant generation is disabled. We will handle the variants mostly with the import functionality.
Now about the problem. When I try to add that characteristic to a test product I get the screen that you can see on the attached images.
The characteristic is not added to the product. If I remove some of the values (about 50 - 100) it works normaly. I'm about to finish that project (finaly), and I need this working to do the import of the products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #178558
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Characteristic value limitation?
Hi,
The popup display some HTML with a script in order to copy the generated HTML into the product page.
I think that because there are a lot of element (too much ?) the script does not succeed the copy of the HTML, it is also possible that the processing of the page stopped or the script is not processed.
It will be difficult to say without seeing the content HTML of the popup (too see if the content is right generated) and the browser javascript console (to see errors).
Regards,
The popup display some HTML with a script in order to copy the generated HTML into the product page.
I think that because there are a lot of element (too much ?) the script does not succeed the copy of the HTML, it is also possible that the processing of the page stopped or the script is not processed.
It will be difficult to say without seeing the content HTML of the popup (too see if the content is right generated) and the browser javascript console (to see errors).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #180532
by Head
Replied by Head on topic Characteristic value limitation?
Hi Jerome,
I was a bit busy...
I've attached you a Screenshot of the error message. It says something like "generate to many variants" in bad german
.
This is not an urgent problem for me as the CSV import works flawlessly. My customer just can not add a product with the "color" characteristic manually.
Maybe you can fix that issue within the next releases.
I was a bit busy...
I've attached you a Screenshot of the error message. It says something like "generate to many variants" in bad german
This is not an urgent problem for me as the CSV import works flawlessly. My customer just can not add a product with the "color" characteristic manually.
Maybe you can fix that issue within the next releases.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #180538
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic Characteristic value limitation?
Hi
could i have the step to enable debugging using hikashop and the requirement ( index.php specific content ) that ll show the information ?
Does the information is only available in the browser console and not in the html rendering page ( popup ? ...)
regard's
could i have the step to enable debugging using hikashop and the requirement ( index.php specific content ) that ll show the information ?
Does the information is only available in the browser console and not in the html rendering page ( popup ? ...)
regard's
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by lionel75.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #180568
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristic value limitation?
Hi,
It seems that the issue comes from the translation of the error (which appears only above a certain amount of values in the characteristic) which has been modified on your website, and then breaking the javascript of the characteristic.
Replace the code:
to:
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/characteristic/view.html.php and that should fix the error even without fixing the translation file.
It seems that the issue comes from the translation of the error (which appears only above a certain amount of values in the characteristic) which has been modified on your website, and then breaking the javascript of the characteristic.
Replace the code:
Code:
alertMessage.innerHTML = '".JText::sprintf('TOO_MANY_VARIANTS',$optionsLink,$customLink)."';
Code:
alertMessage.innerHTML = '".str_replace("'","\'",str_replace("\'","'",JText::sprintf('TOO_MANY_VARIANTS',$optionsLink,$customLink)))."';
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds