- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 2
Variants causing problems?
- samstables
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 10 months ago #178863
by samstables
Variants causing problems? was created by samstables
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
njp-pastel-art.uk/index.php/shop/product...dition-prints-medium
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 38.0.2125.111 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
I read a lot on the forums before posting and have tired several suggestions but think that my use of variants is the root of problems not only in the intermittent non-show of any variant products but also in my cart/checkout which also seems to work intermittently.
Everything was working fine, even the variants, after I set it up (second time around as I had this problem with variants previously as well) yesterday. The checkout was having problems (different issue) but the variants were working fine. I deleted all the old products and set up new category names for my second attempt. I think some of the deleted products are still in the database but I am not savvy enough to know how to a) get to the database and b) how to delete them!
While sorting out the checkout (still not working) I seem to have upset the variant products so when you try to view any on the live site, you get a blank page. I checked that my index.php file has the "messages" line in it but I still get a blank page with no explanation of the problem.
What can I do to make my variants work without all this hassle or am I better off jt setting up every product individually as at least I don't get this problem on any of my individual products?
The checkout problem may or may not be related to the variants so I mentioned it here. I'll post separately the checkout forum if it's not a related problem.
Any help welcome!
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 38.0.2125.111 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
I read a lot on the forums before posting and have tired several suggestions but think that my use of variants is the root of problems not only in the intermittent non-show of any variant products but also in my cart/checkout which also seems to work intermittently.
Everything was working fine, even the variants, after I set it up (second time around as I had this problem with variants previously as well) yesterday. The checkout was having problems (different issue) but the variants were working fine. I deleted all the old products and set up new category names for my second attempt. I think some of the deleted products are still in the database but I am not savvy enough to know how to a) get to the database and b) how to delete them!
While sorting out the checkout (still not working) I seem to have upset the variant products so when you try to view any on the live site, you get a blank page. I checked that my index.php file has the "messages" line in it but I still get a blank page with no explanation of the problem.
What can I do to make my variants work without all this hassle or am I better off jt setting up every product individually as at least I don't get this problem on any of my individual products?
The checkout problem may or may not be related to the variants so I mentioned it here. I'll post separately the checkout forum if it's not a related problem.
Any help welcome!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- samstables
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 2
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #178865
by samstables
Replied by samstables on topic Variants causing problems?
Hmmm, I deleted all the variants that were currently unpublished and it seems to work again...
Oh and now the medium and small prints aren't working but large is...
Oh and now the medium and small prints aren't working but large is...
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by samstables.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds