- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
2 Websites to 1 Hikashop DB
11 years 10 months ago #179720
by iis
2 Websites to 1 Hikashop DB was created by iis
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefoex
I'm not sure if this is the right category to post my issue.
I have to similar website from products and categories perspective. (with different design and domain name)
In order to reduce the management and data entry time, is there a way to connect both sites to one single hikashop database?
thank you in advanced.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefoex
I'm not sure if this is the right category to post my issue.
I have to similar website from products and categories perspective. (with different design and domain name)
In order to reduce the management and data entry time, is there a way to connect both sites to one single hikashop database?
thank you in advanced.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179771
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic 2 Websites to 1 Hikashop DB
Hi,
I will more recommend you to use a "multi-site" extension (or plugin) for Joomla.
You can't have two joomla sharing the same HikaShop database but you can have one joomla which have two different designs (and menus) depending the domain name.
Regards,
I will more recommend you to use a "multi-site" extension (or plugin) for Joomla.
You can't have two joomla sharing the same HikaShop database but you can have one joomla which have two different designs (and menus) depending the domain name.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #179796
by korzo
Replied by korzo on topic 2 Websites to 1 Hikashop DB
If product management is only concern, you can use automatic csv export/import to exchange data between sites.
I have similar situation, where one site is master with all products and then I have several niche shops with only portion of products.
On master site I have several Mass actions to export csv files for every shop and on niche shops I use cron to import this csv files.
I have similar situation, where one site is master with all products and then I have several niche shops with only portion of products.
On master site I have several Mass actions to export csv files for every shop and on niche shops I use cron to import this csv files.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by korzo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PolishedGeek
-
- Offline
- Official HikaShop Development Partner
11 years 10 months ago #179881
by PolishedGeek
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Replied by PolishedGeek on topic 2 Websites to 1 Hikashop DB
In early 2015, we will be developing a central product catalog management utility for one of our HikaShop clients. It will allow all of the product titles, images, descriptions, categories, etc. to be centrally maintained, while enabling pricing, publish/unpublish state, etc. to be controlled per HikaShop website.
This type of central HikaShop product management isn't likely to turn into an extension per se, as it will be developed to exactly meet our client's needs. However, you may want to check with us in Q1 2015 to see how that project is progressing and see what it might take to get a similar solution for your own stores.
This type of central HikaShop product management isn't likely to turn into an extension per se, as it will be developed to exactly meet our client's needs. However, you may want to check with us in Q1 2015 to see how that project is progressing and see what it might take to get a similar solution for your own stores.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179887
by iis
Replied by iis on topic 2 Websites to 1 Hikashop DB
Thank you all for your support,
I think option 1 (Multi-site) can fit our needs especially that it provide a central Control panel for both sites.
i will test this option and keep you updated.
Regards
I think option 1 (Multi-site) can fit our needs especially that it provide a central Control panel for both sites.
i will test this option and keep you updated.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds