- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Responsive layout of products
11 years 10 months ago #182247
by janhelge
Responsive layout of products was created by janhelge
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi,
First time trying HikaShop
Nice work. I'm for the moment testing the free version, but will proabably go for business on this site.
First problem: I want my four columns of product to go to one column on phones. I could do that with code if I just know where
Here is a sample of how I can do it on my Yootheme template:
<div class="uk-grid">
<div class="uk-width-large-1-4">column1</div>
<div class="uk-width-large-1-4">column2</div>
<div class="uk-width-large-1-4">column3</div>
<div class="uk-width-large-1-4">column4</div>
</div>
If products could be organised in this code I could make it responsive. Possible? Other soluton?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi,
First time trying HikaShop
First problem: I want my four columns of product to go to one column on phones. I could do that with code if I just know where
<div class="uk-grid">
<div class="uk-width-large-1-4">column1</div>
<div class="uk-width-large-1-4">column2</div>
<div class="uk-width-large-1-4">column3</div>
<div class="uk-width-large-1-4">column4</div>
</div>
If products could be organised in this code I could make it responsive. Possible? Other soluton?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #182255
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Responsive layout of products
Hi,
I'm working a lot with YT templates and can positively confirm that, of course, it's well possible to implement the UIkit grid (and other) features in HikaShop. If you want to do so shop-wide, it'll mean editing numerous HikaShop views. But here and now you seem to be referring to product listings in "div" format only.
Accordingly, you'll need to edit the product / listing_div view via the HikaShop backend and add the UIkit classes at the right places.
Other than that, it must be assumed that...
... you have read this documentation ,
... you've got the basic settings in the HikaShop backend right,
... you are familiar with HTML, and with at least reading/interpreting PHP.
You should have no problems then.
"Other solutions"?
YT templates are not bootstrap, but they do include at least the BS 2 "span" feature (even if not much more***). So, before going through view mods, you may first try setting HikaShop's "Use bootstrap design" to Yes and see what it looks like in the frontend.
*** = You'll see that e.g. HikaShop's "Popup mode" set to "bootstrap" won't work... you'll need to use "mootools" instead.
I'm working a lot with YT templates and can positively confirm that, of course, it's well possible to implement the UIkit grid (and other) features in HikaShop. If you want to do so shop-wide, it'll mean editing numerous HikaShop views. But here and now you seem to be referring to product listings in "div" format only.
Accordingly, you'll need to edit the product / listing_div view via the HikaShop backend and add the UIkit classes at the right places.
Other than that, it must be assumed that...
... you have read this documentation ,
... you've got the basic settings in the HikaShop backend right,
... you are familiar with HTML, and with at least reading/interpreting PHP.
You should have no problems then.
"Other solutions"?
YT templates are not bootstrap, but they do include at least the BS 2 "span" feature (even if not much more***). So, before going through view mods, you may first try setting HikaShop's "Use bootstrap design" to Yes and see what it looks like in the frontend.
*** = You'll see that e.g. HikaShop's "Popup mode" set to "bootstrap" won't work... you'll need to use "mootools" instead.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: janhelge
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #182259
by janhelge
Replied by janhelge on topic Responsive layout of products
Thanks for your quick and good explanations! I set Bootstrap to yes and it worked as expected.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds