- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Dropdown table when using characteristics ?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Dear,
I have a problem with Hikashop, free version. I have an article which is sold in quantities of 12, 24, 36, etc. This is working perfect with the dropdown table. When I add characteristics for this article (7-S, 8-M, 9-L, etc). The dropdown table is changed into quantity 12 with + and - 1 pcs. See enclosed pics.
Is it not possible to have a dropdown table when using characteristics ???
Thanks for your help,
Regards,
Arno
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It should be possible. Please make sure that you're using HikaShop 2.3.5 and not a previous version.
If that doesn't help, please provide a link to the product page so that we can look at the issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have installed the latest version 2.3.5, but still the same problem.
Regards,
Arno
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please edit the file "components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php" and add:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for your message.
I can not find the file "components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php".
Is this file also available in the free version or only in the business version ?
Regards,
Arno
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
No this file is present in all the versions of HikaShop, I just checked again and the given path is correct.
You have to edit this file via a FTP client
We made many changes about this issue on our local, and this will be present in a future release of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have tried several times to add:
if($element->product_parent_id != 0){
$element->product_quantity_layout = $element->main->product_quantity_layout;
}
to the file "components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php" via FTP, just like you wrote.
But without success.
If I add this to the file, I got a complete white screen in my webshop.
Am I doing something wrong ??
When will the next release be available ??
Regards,
Arno
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you try with:
ps: all these modifications will be present in the next version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It is working !
The problem is solved on the product page. In the checkout it is still possible to change the quantity to f.i. 13. How can I solve the problem in the checkout that only a dropdown table (12, 24, 36,....) is available ??
Thanks for your reply,
Regards,
Arno
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As I said previously, there is many places to edit. The product page, the checkout page, the cart display page, the cart module, etc.
A new package has been released, still on 2.3.5 but with minor fixes, so please download it and install it over your current version. This should solve your issue
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have updated the new package (2.3.5 with minor fixes), but it seems there is something not working properly. See enclosed two screen shots.
On the product page it is working correct (12, 24, 36, ....)
In the checkout, the dropdown table is (1,2,3,4,......) but this should be using the minimum of 12 to have a dropdown table of 12, 24, 36,..
If I add 24 pcs in the cart; the quantity in the checkout shows 1. However the orderline value is correct (24 pcs * € 2,90).
Regards,
Arno
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I just tried on my end and I don't have this kind of issue, so I think that you have a view override on the view "checkout / cart".
Please backup this view, remove the override and test again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We have indeed an issue, I corrected it on your end directly.
In the view "product / cart" and "checkout / cart" I added the code:
We will improve that part for the next release.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ok problem solved, the variant was getting the default value for the quantity display instead of the value of its parent product.
We will correct that on our end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.