- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Prev/next button goes 16 products prev/after
- tilemahosg
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
Hello.
I have recently created an e-shop for a photographer. They want to display their photos and anyone can buy them. The thing is that in any product, if you click the previous/next button it gets you 16 products next/previous. The products have sequential ids. I wander how this happens. Any ideas and ways to make it go sequentially?
Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are the products in many categories ?
If it is, it can be the source of the issue, if they don't have the same first category.
The buttons get the products just before or after the current product based on it's main category.
So if the products have many categories, and not always the same one, so it seems to display random products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tilemahosg
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
The products are in the same category. I have seen already a thread that had the problem of the products belonging to many categories and that's not my problem too... I have put some products in one category (products "eikona 1" up to "eikona 3065") and some others in an other category (products "eikona 3066" up to "eikona 5055").
The thing is, that it shows products from the same category but it shows them with a "gap" of 15 products (product 1 -> product 17 -> product 33 -> product 49 e.t.c.).
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
And in the backend, in the product listing view, are the products correctly ordered ? (order column)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tilemahosg
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tilemahosg
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tilemahosg
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the backend listing, when you display the product in "direct sub elements" and set the sorting on "order", you will be able to change the ordering number for every products in the page.
You can then click on the "save order" button (just near the "order" table title) to save the ordering.
To edit more products, just change the number in the pagination limitation.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tilemahosg
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
At this time, I don't see easy solution but do some MySQL queries with PHP value managment..
We will think to add this kind of feature in our mass action system.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tilemahosg
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The table is the "hikashop_product_category" table.
In this table you will find the product id, the category id and the ordering value.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tilemahosg
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
I did it through MySQL update statement in phpmyadmin part of the server.
It's the "ordering" column that needed to be updated.
When I tried to access and update ordering column through csv file (tried to import csv files in order to update existing products) it couldn't do it. I couldn't recognize this column as one of the permitted ones...
I would very much appreciate if you could "fix" this and let us set the ordering number of the products through csv file!!! It would make our lives easier (I think).
Thanks a lot!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The import system need some rewriting in order to support some features that we imagine some years ago ; support of ordering in categories in one of them.
With HikaMarket, I have to create an import system (which will be compatible with the vendors in the front-end) ; one of my goals is to rewrite a big part of the import for HikaMarket into HikaShop.
For the moment I'm still working on the plugin system (which is almost finished but some features won't be available before the next HikaShop release) ; after that I will work on some improvements of the order management for the vendors..
The import feature is in my TODO list with a high priority but there are also tasks with a higher priority ; so I'm afraid that I can't give you any schedule for the moment because I don't know them.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.