- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Hiding subcategories when displaying items
- Tormentor667
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 8 months ago #186979
by Tormentor667
Hiding subcategories when displaying items was created by Tormentor667
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
schmuckiversum.de/index.php/sales
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Dear Hikashop Support Team,
I am using HikaShop Essential and I am running into a strange probblem, maybe I am simply missing something. When clicking on this link
schmuckiversum.de/index.php/sales
you will be in a categorey with the name "Sales" in which you find several items from subcategories "20%", "30%" and "50%". I want the link to display all the objects in the subcategories (which works) but without the subcategories being displayed (the red 20,30 and 50 percent ones).
I attached 3 screenshots of my settings from the menu item in HikaShop, I hope that helps.
Thanks already and best regards,
Dan
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Dear Hikashop Support Team,
I am using HikaShop Essential and I am running into a strange probblem, maybe I am simply missing something. When clicking on this link
schmuckiversum.de/index.php/sales
you will be in a categorey with the name "Sales" in which you find several items from subcategories "20%", "30%" and "50%". I want the link to display all the objects in the subcategories (which works) but without the subcategories being displayed (the red 20,30 and 50 percent ones).
I attached 3 screenshots of my settings from the menu item in HikaShop, I hope that helps.
Thanks already and best regards,
Dan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #187019
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Hiding subcategories when displaying items
Hi,
So for what I understand, you don't want to use a category listing menu with a product listing module ; You just want to use a product listing menu.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...splay-front-end.html
Regards,
So for what I understand, you don't want to use a category listing menu with a product listing module ; You just want to use a product listing menu.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...splay-front-end.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tormentor667
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #187969
by Tormentor667
Replied by Tormentor667 on topic Hiding subcategories when displaying items
Yes, I think so, but how can I change that? I don't get any smarter from reading the documentation, maybe you can help me here with a more specific explanation
Thanks already for your help.
Thanks already for your help. Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 8 months ago #187985
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Hiding subcategories when displaying items
Hello,
To do what you want you'll just have to create a product listing content menu (with a "Type of content" option set to Product) and restrict the category of the products that you want to display by using the "Associated category" option of your product listing content menu via "Hikashop->Display->Content menu"
To do what you want you'll just have to create a product listing content menu (with a "Type of content" option set to Product) and restrict the category of the products that you want to display by using the "Associated category" option of your product listing content menu via "Hikashop->Display->Content menu"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tormentor667
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #188298
by Tormentor667
Replied by Tormentor667 on topic Hiding subcategories when displaying items
This is what I've tried and it almost works:
schmuckiversum.de/index.php/sales
It displays all the products from "Sales" and its sub-categories "20%", "30%" and "50%" but below this also any other product in the whole shop even though I made a restriction to the "Sales" and subcategories area.
I attached my settings below.
schmuckiversum.de/index.php/sales
It displays all the products from "Sales" and its sub-categories "20%", "30%" and "50%" but below this also any other product in the whole shop even though I made a restriction to the "Sales" and subcategories area.
I attached my settings below.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #188417
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Hiding subcategories when displaying items
Hi,
You have edited a "category listing" menu and transform it into a "product listing" menu.
So at the end you have a product listing menu with a product listing module displayed just below.
You can display a category listing menu with a product listing module ; or just display a product listing menu.
But the configuration you have is duplicating the displaying of the products ; and I don't think that it's want you want to perform.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...splay-front-end.html
Regards,
You have edited a "category listing" menu and transform it into a "product listing" menu.
So at the end you have a product listing menu with a product listing module displayed just below.
You can display a category listing menu with a product listing module ; or just display a product listing menu.
But the configuration you have is duplicating the displaying of the products ; and I don't think that it's want you want to perform.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...splay-front-end.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds