- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Product listing
- sanket.pattekar
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 8 months ago #187134
by sanket.pattekar
Product listing was created by sanket.pattekar
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.1
Hi
I have a question regarding product listing page. Currently I have 34 products that needs to be displayed on the products listing page. I have disabled the pagination and hence all the products are displayed on this page.
However I want to group the pages into set of 9. Hence when the user clicks on the menu, it would only show the 9 products. When the user scrolls to the end, then the next 9 products should be fetched, if he scrolls further, then the next 9 should be fetched,
This way I can load the initial page faster and also utilize the server bandwidth.
The following site works in this fashion.
www.flipkart.com/beauty-and-personal-care/pr?p []=facets.brand%255B%255D%3DSSCPL%2BHerbals&sid=t06&q=sscpl+herbals&ref=210e59f3-199b-48d2-9d31-359fb4115b91
I want to do the same for my site
www.sscpl-india.com/sscpl_main/index.php/products
Thanks and Regards,
Sanket
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.1
Hi
I have a question regarding product listing page. Currently I have 34 products that needs to be displayed on the products listing page. I have disabled the pagination and hence all the products are displayed on this page.
However I want to group the pages into set of 9. Hence when the user clicks on the menu, it would only show the 9 products. When the user scrolls to the end, then the next 9 products should be fetched, if he scrolls further, then the next 9 should be fetched,
This way I can load the initial page faster and also utilize the server bandwidth.
The following site works in this fashion.
www.flipkart.com/beauty-and-personal-care/pr?p []=facets.brand%255B%255D%3DSSCPL%2BHerbals&sid=t06&q=sscpl+herbals&ref=210e59f3-199b-48d2-9d31-359fb4115b91
I want to do the same for my site
www.sscpl-india.com/sscpl_main/index.php/products
Thanks and Regards,
Sanket
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #187139
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product listing
Hi,
This is called "infinite scroll". That's something we want to add in the future. For now there is no option to do it so if you want it, you'll need to customize the code of the files of the product view via the menu Display>Views with complex custom coding.
This is called "infinite scroll". That's something we want to add in the future. For now there is no option to do it so if you want it, you'll need to customize the code of the files of the product view via the menu Display>Views with complex custom coding.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #187193
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Product listing
Hi,
It'll be great if HikaShop has infinite scroll on board one day, no doubt.
@sanket.pattekar:
Meanwhile here's a thread about it, where someone has written a script that integrates with HikaShop: www.hikashop.com/forum/development/866219-pagination-urls.html
It'll be great if HikaShop has infinite scroll on board one day, no doubt.
@sanket.pattekar:
Meanwhile here's a thread about it, where someone has written a script that integrates with HikaShop: www.hikashop.com/forum/development/866219-pagination-urls.html
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds