Skip to main content

Sorting product order is not working

More
11 years 8 months ago #187322 by maartmo
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.movennails.nl/index.php/webwinkel/ca...y/13-nagel-producten
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.1.1 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome 39.0.2171.95 m

Hi,

I have a problem with sorting my products. I have changed the order to product_name ( view\menus) but nothing is changing. It displays the products in the order they were created, no mattter to what option i change the sorting order. I'm new to HikaShop so maybe I'm doing somthing wrong. I searched the forum and the web but didn't find anything. Hope somebody can help me out. T.i.a.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #187328 by Xavier
Hi,

I think that you are not editing the settings of the correct menu/module.
In your case, you have to edit the settings of the module with the id 137.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #187421 by maartmo
Hi Xavier,

thank you! That solved it. I'm still confused at how this works though. I could only find this module via the Joomla/extentions/modules and it showed up as unpublished?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #187444 by Xavier
Hi,

When creating a category listing menu, it is able to display only categories.
To have the products displayed, you need an associated module listing the products.
This module is created when clicking on a link at the top of the category listing menu settings.

The modules are not published, they are working differently than common Joomla modules, because we want to display them only on specific pages, and in specific situations.

Hope this will help you to understand the system ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: maartmo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #187639 by maartmo
Thank you for explaining! It makes more sense now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum