- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 1
Selecting more than one category
- rienkvlieger
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 8 months ago #188379
by rienkvlieger
Selecting more than one category was created by rienkvlieger
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.29
Hi,
I have several maincategories. I'd like to add a menu-item with just a few categories, not all.
You can only choose one Associated category. In the forum the only solution I found is to select the parent category. But this is the root so then all categories will be shown.
I don't want to add extra parent categorys because that will influence the view of other pages and also that will influence all products, because new categories have to be added.
Is there no other option?
Regards,
Rienk
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.29
Hi,
I have several maincategories. I'd like to add a menu-item with just a few categories, not all.
You can only choose one Associated category. In the forum the only solution I found is to select the parent category. But this is the root so then all categories will be shown.
I don't want to add extra parent categorys because that will influence the view of other pages and also that will influence all products, because new categories have to be added.
Is there no other option?
Regards,
Rienk
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #188384
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Selecting more than one category
Hi,
What can be done is to "duplicate" the categories under another main category, add the products to these categories too and add restrict the menu/module settings on that category.
Example:
Main product
-Category A
-Category B
-Category C
-Category D
Can become:
Main product
- SubA
--Category A
--Category B
--Category C
--Category D
-SubB
--Category B
--Category D
Then you can restrict the menu/module on the category SubB.
Else it will require some code editions to restrict the categories thanks to a PHP if condition.
What can be done is to "duplicate" the categories under another main category, add the products to these categories too and add restrict the menu/module settings on that category.
Example:
Main product
-Category A
-Category B
-Category C
-Category D
Can become:
Main product
- SubA
--Category A
--Category B
--Category C
--Category D
-SubB
--Category B
--Category D
Then you can restrict the menu/module on the category SubB.
Else it will require some code editions to restrict the categories thanks to a PHP if condition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rienkvlieger
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rienkvlieger
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 8 months ago #189369
by rienkvlieger
Replied by rienkvlieger on topic Selecting more than one category
Thanks, that is clear to me now!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds