- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Access to products
11 years 8 months ago #189093
by macallan
Access to products was created by macallan
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Shop is set to catalog mode... I want only registered and logged in users to be able to see the products.
I would have thought this could be achieved through the access settings in the shop configuration, but it doesn't seem to work.
Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.
Frank
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Shop is set to catalog mode... I want only registered and logged in users to be able to see the products.
I would have thought this could be achieved through the access settings in the shop configuration, but it doesn't seem to work.
Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.
Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189117
by lousyfool
I'd say the simplest way should be to set all shop menu items and modules to the user group of registered users.
Alternatively, you can use the "Access level" option in categories or individual products.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Access to products
macallan wrote: I want only registered and logged in users to be able to see the products.
I'd say the simplest way should be to set all shop menu items and modules to the user group of registered users.
Alternatively, you can use the "Access level" option in categories or individual products.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189134
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Access to products
Hi,
Access level will be better for security purpose (using URL you still can display a joomla page without itemid).
You can use a mass action in order to set an access level to all of your products in the same time.
Regards,
Access level will be better for security purpose (using URL you still can display a joomla page without itemid).
You can use a mass action in order to set an access level to all of your products in the same time.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189193
by macallan
Replied by macallan on topic Access to products
Thank you both for your replies...
Mass action seems to do the trick for me.
I would have assumed that setting the access options to registered users (and managers and super users) at configuration level would apply to every new product that is added to the catalog.
However, that was not the case, so I had to go into every single product to make it work. This turned out quite tedious and time consuming.
I also thought that giving registered users access would automatically grant access to groups of a higher priority, like managers, admins and so on. But no, that isn't the case either...
So mass action is the way to go...
Mass action seems to do the trick for me.
I would have assumed that setting the access options to registered users (and managers and super users) at configuration level would apply to every new product that is added to the catalog.
However, that was not the case, so I had to go into every single product to make it work. This turned out quite tedious and time consuming.
I also thought that giving registered users access would automatically grant access to groups of a higher priority, like managers, admins and so on. But no, that isn't the case either...
So mass action is the way to go...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189196
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Access to products
Yes. And you can also configure your mass action to run automatically when you create/update a product in order to set the access level automatically for you.
The Access level tab of the HikaShop configuration are for you to give access to the different areas of the HikaShop backend interface. so yes, it's not related to what you want to do.
The Access level tab of the HikaShop configuration are for you to give access to the different areas of the HikaShop backend interface. so yes, it's not related to what you want to do.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189237
by macallan
Replied by macallan on topic Access to products
Thanks Nicolas... that explains it all.
Frank
Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191616
by macallan
Replied by macallan on topic Access to products
Could someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?
I'm trying to select all products that are not accessible by Super Users and I want them to be accessible by
1)Administrators
2)Registered
3)Super Users - see Screenshot 1
When I run the action I end up with all products as in screenshot 2:
all access level boxes are unselected... nobody has access.
Any help would be greatly appreciated... I'm sure I stared at the problem for too long and I don't see the wood for the trees...
Thanks
I'm trying to select all products that are not accessible by Super Users and I want them to be accessible by
1)Administrators
2)Registered
3)Super Users - see Screenshot 1
When I run the action I end up with all products as in screenshot 2:
all access level boxes are unselected... nobody has access.
Any help would be greatly appreciated... I'm sure I stared at the problem for too long and I don't see the wood for the trees...
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191617
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Access to products
Hi,
When you use the "update the values" action, you need to enter the value the same as it is stored in the database. So there is no point in having several "update the values" action on the same column in a mass action as only the last one will be taken into account.
The product_access level contains the ids of the user groups separated by a comma with a comma appended and another one prepended. So if you just enter the name of a user group in the field, the access level system will consider that as invalid and will discard it.
So it should like that : ,XX,YY,ZZ,
where XX, YY and ZZ are the ids of the user groups you want for your products.
Also, please note that the system will replace the value in the database by the value you enter in the field of your mass action.
When you use the "update the values" action, you need to enter the value the same as it is stored in the database. So there is no point in having several "update the values" action on the same column in a mass action as only the last one will be taken into account.
The product_access level contains the ids of the user groups separated by a comma with a comma appended and another one prepended. So if you just enter the name of a user group in the field, the access level system will consider that as invalid and will discard it.
So it should like that : ,XX,YY,ZZ,
where XX, YY and ZZ are the ids of the user groups you want for your products.
Also, please note that the system will replace the value in the database by the value you enter in the field of your mass action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: macallan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191644
by macallan
Replied by macallan on topic Access to products
Thanks Nicolas,
this worked.
If I'd taken a closer look at the product table via phpMyAdmin I might have found that out earlier...
However, I still have the feeling that the mass actions feature could do with a more comprehensive tutorial.
Cheers
Frank
this worked.
If I'd taken a closer look at the product table via phpMyAdmin I might have found that out earlier...
However, I still have the feeling that the mass actions feature could do with a more comprehensive tutorial.
Cheers
Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191652
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Access to products
Yes. That's on our todo list
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds