- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
HELP! Category not showing in LIST!
11 years 7 months ago #190000
by ucan
HELP! Category not showing in LIST! was created by ucan
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
Please see the attached image...
I added a new category called "Transmission Manuals" for whatever reason it shows up on the MAIN category listing on the right page (circled in red) but it is NOT showing in my left hand Categories menu. WHY? How can this be fixed?
On the left list I changed it to display 1 column and 14 items which as you can see at the bottom its displaying a sub category of the CARS category called Acura. ??? I don't get it. Help please!
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
Please see the attached image...
I added a new category called "Transmission Manuals" for whatever reason it shows up on the MAIN category listing on the right page (circled in red) but it is NOT showing in my left hand Categories menu. WHY? How can this be fixed?
On the left list I changed it to display 1 column and 14 items which as you can see at the bottom its displaying a sub category of the CARS category called Acura. ??? I don't get it. Help please!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190003
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic HELP! Category not showing in LIST!
Hi,
It must be a wrong configuration of the side module. Can you edit it via the menu Display->Content modules and provide a screenshot of the settings of that module so that we can see how you configured it ?
It must be a wrong configuration of the side module. Can you edit it via the menu Display->Content modules and provide a screenshot of the settings of that module so that we can see how you configured it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190095
by ucan
Replied by ucan on topic HELP! Category not showing in LIST!
Ok look at the first screen shot "cats.jpg"... It shows the order of my categories.... This is important to note where the new category "Transmission Manuals" is located in the list.
In total I have 14 categories I display on the left side list menu that is in question... Please see how it was configured... "cats2.jpg" in that screen shot I included how the module is displaying on the front end.... Notice how Acura (a sub category of CARS) is displayed at the bottom?!
Now if I change the "Ordering Field" to "Category_Parent_ID" i can get the menu to display how I want it EXCEPT the "Transmission Manuals" is at the bottom of the list (see screen shot cats3.jpg) and I have no way to move it up to the correct position.
Does all this make sense??
In total I have 14 categories I display on the left side list menu that is in question... Please see how it was configured... "cats2.jpg" in that screen shot I included how the module is displaying on the front end.... Notice how Acura (a sub category of CARS) is displayed at the bottom?!
Now if I change the "Ordering Field" to "Category_Parent_ID" i can get the menu to display how I want it EXCEPT the "Transmission Manuals" is at the bottom of the list (see screen shot cats3.jpg) and I have no way to move it up to the correct position.
Does all this make sense??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190101
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic HELP! Category not showing in LIST!
Hi,
Change the "sub element filter" option to "direct sub elements". The ordering field should normally be set to the "ordering" column.
Change the "sub element filter" option to "direct sub elements". The ordering field should normally be set to the "ordering" column.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190143
by ucan
Replied by ucan on topic HELP! Category not showing in LIST!
That fixed it! Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds